Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Glenn Lightning #5

Glenn Lightning #5

Check it out. I will be going to San Antonio on Saturday to pick up my third Lightning. I am keeping the Red Gen I pretty much stock for now and will be doing stuff to this black 93 as I get funds. I've got some ideas that I would like to try so it should be interesting and a lot of FUN. Plans are to finish it next summer (05). It is going to be kind of a memorial to my friend's son Jordan, who was killed earlier this year in a motocross accident. As you can tell, this thing is pretty rough, but the price was right.

I don't forsee needing a roll cage when I'm done (sub 12s), but you never know.
    Last edited by Sixpipes; 04-25-2004 at 10:52 AM.

What happened to it?? lol

Well, I like the red one the way it is so instead of replacing perfectly good parts, I decided to replace parts that weren't so perfect. Besides, that little red 93 is a pretty darn good bracket truck. We do need to talk about MSD ignition and heads/intake though.

TALON-Hoot Man! Member blueoval01's Avatar

Thumbs up

Argg, now we know why you were cleaning out the garage.
    That's gonna be a project for sure ......
    Look forward to the results.
    Mark #4

You boys are sick- in a good way

Participating User Ivanhoe_Farms's Avatar
    OK Sixpipes, what year is it, I hope it is a '95 Black so I can buy a RED truck, because RED really is the fastest color.

Congrats to both you and Flatsman.

I am looking forward to the Flatsman Supercharger against Sixpipes and the bottle. It should make for some really interesting racing.

Sixpipes, you may as well buy RAZOR's Mustang because it has all of the good parts that would swap right into the Gen 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanhoe_Farms
    OK Sixpipes, what year is it, I hope it is a '95 Black......
    Sorry, it's a 93, but it is black. Ronny and I are looking forward to messing with it in our spare time. I would like to chop the top about 2", but that may not fit into the budget. Color scheme will be black with metalic moss-green accents. With maybe a pair of Mickey Thompson Sportsmans in a 31X18.5-15LT on the back.

TALON Supporting Member Flats Man's Avatar
    Hey Dennis, Since this truck sounds like it is going to be real bad, and since it is black, I will give up my name of Brutus and let you have it for this truck. I can be Wimpy or Olive Oil or something else. Build us a good Brutus! We are some sick puppies! lol

Participating User Ivanhoe_Farms's Avatar

Brutus

Sixer, I know where you can get the tools to chop the top and put it back together again. Let me know when you need the 9" rearend, I may have access to a few thousand

Flatsman, you can have sweet pea for your white baby -- I will be wimpy or something

Sixer, get me a list of the parts you need, I am in 93-95 Ford heaven up here!!

Yo Sixer, You MUST chop the top! I think you could fund that little mod by selling some of Mrs. Sixpipes stuff! We will not tell under threat of death by Bouca Bouca or something. It really needs that chopped top!!!!!
    1998 Blown STX 4.6L
    Lots of stuff!
    2002 Lariat Screw
    Very Stock
    http://www.Go-Rila.com/kin/flatsman.htm

Sitting in my neighbor's driveway right now.

Last edited by Sixpipes; 04-26-2004 at 06:02 PM.

When the time comes, our welder at work may come in handy on the chop time. He's very xp and would cost next to nothing I assure.

Talking

Hey Dennis and Ronnie, welcome back home. I think it is time for Ronnie to join Talon if he hasn't already done so. I am sure you can come up with a good user Name!

Quote Originally Posted by Razor
    When the time comes, our welder at work may come in handy on the chop time. He's very xp and would cost next to nothing I assure.
    Next to nothing sounds interesting. I'm more concerned about how the windshield and window glass are fitted after the chop job. Still a little bit confused about how that works.

Participating User
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpipes
    Next to nothing sounds interesting. I'm more concerned about how the windshield and window glass are fitted after the chop job. Still a little bit confused about how that works.

When you chop a top you have to get new glass cut.

Thread Information