Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: TALON Fall Classic......The Official Thread

TALON Fall Classic......The Official Thread

TALON Fall Classic at Hallsville Raceway will be held on Saturday, December 6. Times will be posted after I confirm the race schedule with the track. Test & tune will be available for $15, race fee will be an additional $15.

There will be no buy-back fee after the first round, but all racers will be guaranteed two competitive rounds. First round eliminations will include all participants. First round winners will be grouped together in a winners bracket and eliminations will proceed until there is a winners bracket champion. Losers will be grouped together in a consolation bracket and eliminations will proceed until there is a consolation bracket champ. There will be one last race between the winners bracket and consolation bracket champ for the Top Truck trophy.

Trophies will be available for 1st/2nd in winners and consolation brackets. Top Truck trophy to overall event winner. Trophies also for Best Reaction Time (RT), Lowest Elapsed Time (ET), and closest to dial-in. Runs must be made during the race program to qualify for trophies.

Also, it was suggested that if you have some spare parts or extra items that you might want to sell/swap that you bring them to the event and we can set up a swap area in the pits. I would be interested in comments, but I think it is a good idea.
    Last edited by Sixpipes; 11-27-2003 at 10:05 AM.

Leave my user title alone 03LightningRocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpipes
    TALON Fall Classic at Hallsville Raceway will be held on Saturday, December 6. Times will be posted after I confirm the race schedule with the track. Test & tune will be available for $15, race fee will be an additional $15.

There will be no buy-back fee after the first round, but all racers will be guaranteed two competitive rounds. First round eliminations will include all participants. First round winners will be grouped together in a winners bracket and eliminations will proceed until there is a winners bracket champion. Losers will be grouped together in a consolation bracket and eliminations will proceed until there is a consolation bracket champ. There will be one last race between the winners bracket and losers bracket champ for the Top Truck trophy.

Trophies will be available for 1st/2nd in winners and consolation brackets. Top Truck trophy to overall event winner. Trophies also for Best Reaction Time (RT), Lowest Elapsed Time (ET), and closest to dial-in. Runs must be made during the race program to qualify for trophies.

Also, it was suggested that if you have some spare parts or extra items that you might want to sell/swap that you bring them to the event and we can set up a swap area in the pits. I would be interested in comments, but I think it is a good idea.
    Sounds like a great time Dennis. I especially like the part about runs having to be made during the race program to qualify for trophies.

Excellent plan.

Rocks

Just received an email from Shelley at the Hallsville track. Winter hours will be in effect on December 6. That means the gates will open at 11 AM. The race program will be run on Saturday afternoon with the track closing at dark. That should allow most folks to attend and get back home at a decent hour. Thanks for the help Justin.

Participating User
    Just received an email from Shelley at the Hallsville track. Winter hours will be in effect on December 6. That means the gates will open at 11 AM. The race program will be run on Saturday afternoon with the track closing at dark. That should allow most folks to attend and get back home at a decent hour. Thanks for the help Justin.
    Thanks for the schedule update! I have been looking at what they call a website but havent seen Dec schedule yet. Maybe I'll have a towpig by then and wont have to worry about the rods staying in the block for getting me home.

Edit: can some of us guys that are a little ways off get some directions to the track? I've never been before, as we only made it halfway last year before rods puked.
    Last edited by Frank02L; 11-18-2003 at 10:52 AM.
    2002 Lightning- Black
    Best 1/4: 1.69 60', 11.70@115

Quote Originally Posted by Frank02L
    Thanks for the schedule update! I have been looking at what they call a website but havent seen Dec schedule yet. Maybe I'll have a towpig by then and wont have to worry about the rods staying in the block for getting me home.

Edit: can some of us guys that are a little ways off get some directions to the track? I've never been before, as we only made it halfway last year before rods puked.
    The attached maps should help.
    Last edited by Sixpipes; 11-18-2003 at 11:07 AM.

Participating User
    The attached maps should help.
    Dennis: I dont think getting to Hallsville is a problem, just getting to the track. Is it the same track as it was in the 60s/70s? My dad can maybe give me directions to the track... He went to college in Longview.

Take 450 North out of town. You can't miss it.
    Last edited by Sixpipes; 11-18-2003 at 03:50 PM.

Participating User TP Derrick D's Avatar
    I see its been worked out, sorry guys I have to work on Sats I was really looking forward to being at the Dec Hallsville meet to see Dennis ,JD and Doug :$. And of course all the fellow L owners. I don't think I'll be able to get a day of vacation time in Dec. with that being a heavy mail volume month but I'll give it a try.Man they need to get those numbers in Austin right. Every Wed / Sat they get the numbers wrong

Derrick

Sorry you can't make it. It's gonna be fun.

I have received confirmation from Hallsville that winter hours will be in effect starting December so gates will be opening at 11 AM. I have ordered awards from Scott and they will be as follows.

Trophies
    Top Truck Trophy - goes to overall event winner (bracket winners final).
    Winners Bracket Champ
    Winners Bracket Runner-up
    Consolation Bracket Champ
    Consolation Bracket Runner-up

Awards
    Lowest ET
    Best Reaction Time
    Closest to Dial-in

Awards must be verified with race director (that's me) and must occur during competition rounds. It's gonna be a fun day to shoot the bull and possibly set a new personal record or two. The race director respectfully requests that you leave your attitude at home.

Questions?
    Last edited by Sixpipes; 11-27-2003 at 10:11 AM.

Participating User
    Hmm i have a few days of vaction left so i might be able to come. Gonna have to play it by day tho. Work gets extremly slow this time of the year

Got to check the track ou tonight, not bad, got my best ET so far 12.50 all motor. Cant wait till next week.

Leave my user title alone 03LightningRocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L1nt2B
    Got to check the track ou tonight, not bad, got my best ET so far 12.50 all motor. Cant wait till next week.
    You didn't mention your "other Best"...LOL.

By the way...I got me a brand new trap speed best....114 MPH...with a 12.5...Got darn, you guys that are running on F1's have to show me how to do that trick one day.

I learned another lesson tonight also....Slicks don't work
    worth
    a
    sh!t.............................................. .......................... without the lug nuts.

Participating User
    Quote Originally Posted by 03LightningRocks

By the way...I got me a brand new trap speed best....114 MPH...with a 12.5...Got darn, you guys that are running on F1's have to show me how to do that trick one day.

worth
    a
    sh!t.............................................. .......................... without the lug nuts.
    I've done that before! I went 7.85 the other night in the 1/8th on my F1s...

Great MPH though Man I'm excited to get down there next saturday!
    2002 Lightning- Black
    Best 1/4: 1.69 60', 11.70@115

Quote Originally Posted by 03LightningRocks

worth
    a
    I just did and it has aready started!

Participating User
    Does Hallsville have scales? Are the accurate?

Thread Information