Guys and gals please heed my advice and run the correct tune for the weather and driving conditions. I had a guy call me at 12:30am Monday morning said his truck was making noise and smoking and needed help. He had a stock 03 with 4# lower 2.80" upper and SCT tuner. 46K miles. I apreciate him being honest with how it broke. He said he and a friend were out drinking and bowling and decided to open it up down 635 since it was nice and empty of cars. Well about 140mph later it made a little shudder he thought it was the transmission shifting funny. Once he stopped he knew it was done. It was cold that night and the warm tune held to the floor flying down the interstate was a little too much for the stock rods. He said "I did what you told me not to", when he came to the shop the next day. Guys I want to see your trucks stay in one piece so please watch the over 100 mph stuff in cold weather and run the cold tunes when you need them..
Rob, Ron, Mark#2 and many others have proven you can make a lot of power on stock blocks. All you have to do is exercise good judgement and have a little luck