Thread: Drove a Z last night

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar

Drove a Z last night

I finally got some seat time in an 08 yellow Z. The definitely need great tires. These were skinny and with the sneaky torque it made for an interesting ride. First and second gear are almost violent. I could light the tires with 2nd gear 60-70mph roll ons. It isn't until third gear you can actually put the hammer down. Cornering and handling are as expected but a little sharp on the edge of control. I write that off to tires and stiff shocks. The dealer told me 18K trade for the F250 which would get me into a Z for about 550 a month...

Quote Originally Posted by L8 APEX View Post
    I finally got some seat time in an 08 yellow Z. The definitely need great tires. These were skinny and with the sneaky torque it made for an interesting ride. First and second gear are almost violent. I could light the tires with 2nd gear 60-70mph roll ons. It isn't until third gear you can actually put the hammer down. Cornering and handling are as expected but a little sharp on the edge of control. I write that off to tires and stiff shocks. The dealer told me 18K trade for the F250 which would get me into a Z for about 550 a month...

Work the deal on just the car and sell your truck on your own! Your truck has been well cared for and someone would want to buy it.
    Once you sell your truck then go to the dealer and have them do an "in and out" which is just like you trading it in while still saving 6.25 % on the sales tax on the sales price.
    Your trailer will be hard to pull behind that Z though

Participating User
    Since i owned a 08 350z, i say do it as well, first thing i did was upgrade suspension and went to 19's with wider tires, you can see pics of her in my photo gallery, just to small of a car to keep excellent gas mileage..
    David

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBlue svt View Post
    Since i owned a 08 350z, i say do it as well, first thing i did was upgrade suspension and went to 19's with wider tires, you can see pics of her in my photo gallery, just to small of a car to keep excellent gas mileage..
    He's talking about a Z06

Z means Z06 in this here Corvette forum. I wouldn't trade my riding mower for a 350z, lol! A 350z damn sure ain't violent through 1st and 2nd, lol. I wish he had a silver one though. He has black and yellow. Loaded black 07 nav, new tires, shifter and Corsa, 11K miles 51k.
    The trailer is on the chopping block. If it goes the truck won't be far behind.

Participating User
    I starting thinking they never built a yellow 08, I knew something was wrong z has always Been referred to as the zcar not z06 sorry!! On another note the guy that lives across from me has a 08 yellow z0, overpriced new buy used he has had his two months rear tires bald, someone backed into it with a truck, hell they should be giving away gmc-chevrolet products these days!!

Terry would look good in a Nissan

Quote Originally Posted by L8 APEX View Post
    I finally got some seat time in an 08 yellow Z... for about 550 a month...

that's a smaller payment than i have ($585). if i thought i could get it up my drive without ruining the nose i'd go get it. i'm like you though...i'd want a silver one.
    gary

I have driven dozens of C6's. The engines are all similar tame below 3K and like to be at 4-6,5K for pulling. The 427 is a totally different torque curve. It reminds me of the S/C Lightning. I was surprised when it came sideways from a 1,600 rpm roll on. The torque was massive and instantaneous. It did slow down in 4th and 5th though. It either needs gears or a power adder. I want it to rocket to 160+ like a sport bike. I was WOT in 4th waiting and waiting for 140 to come...

Thread Information