Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking at getting into a Vette

Looking at getting into a Vette

Just what the title says. Im ,looking into getting in Vette soon. I was wanting to find a nice ZO6 but was wondering what a good year model to get is. Any suggestions would be very much appriciated

Participating User BC Lightning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TXLIGHTNING View Post
    Just what the title says. Im ,looking into getting in Vette soon. I was wanting to find a nice ZO6 but was wondering what a good year model to get is. Any suggestions would be very much appriciated
    I have one that I'm looking to sell. PM me if you have any other questions

http://talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18214
    Last edited by BC Lightning; 09-09-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BC Lightning View Post
    I have one that I'm looking to sell. PM me if you have any other questions

http://talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18214
    Kind of looking for a non modded Vette. That is a very nice one you got there bro!

Participating User BC Lightning's Avatar
    Kind of looking for a non modded Vette. That is a very nice one you got there bro!
    Thanks

I'm doing the same thing and have been thumbing through classifieds for a couple of weeks now looking for the perfect one. You definitely want an 02- or later being the 01's were rated at 385hp and from what I have read had an oil consumption issue. What I am having a hard time with is settling on the C5Z because I have been in both body styles, and I just love the C6Z so much more. But the C5Z prices are pretty good right now(in the 20's) versus 07-08's in the 40's. I feel that I will end up just biting the bullet and getting the newer body style though....

Quote Originally Posted by tiffo60 View Post
    I'm doing the same thing and have been thumbing through classifieds for a couple of weeks now looking for the perfect one. You definitely want an 02- or later being the 01's were rated at 385hp and from what I have read had an oil consumption issue. What I am having a hard time with is settling on the C5Z because I have been in both body styles, and I just love the C6Z so much more. But the C5Z prices are pretty good right now(in the 20's) versus 07-08's in the 40's. I feel that I will end up just biting the bullet and getting the newer body style though....
    +2 Im crazy over the 03-04 Z's, but i love the look on the new body style, if i sell the truck ill settle for a C5Z.

all the c6 z06s are pretty much the same except for interior trim. the latest ones are the nicest but the earlier ones, '06 and '07, can be easily upgraded to look nice. you'll find exhaust and some wheel design differences too as the years went by. corvetteforums' for-sale section always has some nice garage-queen deals. try to get an '07 or newer. they'll have the good roof fix. i'll buy someone's garage-queen z someday. good luck with the hunt.

Thanks guys! I'm just going to keep my eyes open for a good buy. Let me know if you guys can find anything nice in our area. I have a question as well. Do the C6Z's have the 6.0L engine? What would you guys recommend, the 5.7 or 6.0?
    Last edited by TXLIGHTNING; 09-10-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Do the C6Z's have the 6.0L engine? What would you guys recommend, the 5.7 or 6.0?
    c6z has the 7.0 LS7, 505hp (105hp more than the 6.0 LS2 in my car).
    gary

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar
    C6 Z's are very stout even stock. They have Lightning like torque. They came out in 06 I think. When I was looking last year there were 250 of them on Autotrader from 38-55k. Most were 1,500-15k miles. You can have your pic around 45k...

Quote Originally Posted by L8 APEX View Post
    C6 Z's are very stout even stock. They have Lightning like torque. They came out in 06 I think. When I was looking last year there were 250 of them on Autotrader from 38-55k. Most were 1,500-15k miles. You can have your pic around 45k...
    Thanks for the help guys! Now I'm on the prowl for a C6 Z

A regular C6 coupe has more nuts than a stock C5 zo6. The new 6.2 C6's are very strong for stock small blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by L8 APEX View Post
    A regular C6 coupe has more nuts than a stock C5 zo6. The new 6.2 C6's are very strong for stock small blocks.
    I was looking at that Terry. I think that they have 435hp stock.

The biggest draw for me is the new headlights. I hated my pop ups and retrofits were so so... The first year 05's had some growing pains. I prefer the Z51 or F55 suspensions. The base suspension is lacking for a driver.

I've kinda' been sniffing around the C6 market as well... I think you want to
    go with an '08 or later if you can stand the extra $$. The interior got a bit nicer,
    plus the LS3 was used over the LS2 in non-Z06 versions.

I have not found just the right one yet, but with the new C7 on the horizon, the
    market should provide many new opportunities over the next few months.

mardyn

Thread Information