Thread: This truck is earning its keep

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar

This truck is earning its keep

I was a bit weary about the 6L engine at first but my confidence builds with every day. I am really putting this truck to the test as I do with about anything I get my hands on. Last week I towed 7-10K lbs 1200 miles and drag raced for 2 days down the 1/4 mile. This week I finally closed on my land purchase and am starting to fence and develop the dirt. Today I worked the truck a little harder. I went to Tractor Supply and loaded up with a mile of barbed wire, 200 fence posts, and misc other fencing and yard working implaments. We all know it rained a bit yesterday so the ground was a bit soft where I needed to haul. So today I pulled my loaded down trailer through soft pasture. That is the first time I had to tow in 4wd to get where I was going with this truck. It ran like a Deere so to speak. I figured I would share my positive experience with this F250. It has done everything I asked of it and more. In return it only wants fuel and regular maintanance

Thats awesome Terry. I would like to see some pictures of the land too.

looks like a weekend's asswhoopin' (probably longer) laying there on the floor.
    gary

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar
    I worked from 9 am to 10pm and got a whopping one corner post set. I started at Tractor Supply for more prefab corners and braces and another half mile of wire.

Then it was hooking up to the trailer and going to town for the DOT regulation 24' long culvert with safety ends and bands.

Then it was time to run the gas powered auger with 8" bit about 3' into the ground. Augering through roots and such is hard work I tell you what! I have 200 T posts to drive and too much else to do. By the evening I had two 55 gallon drums of water and 6 bags of concrete in the bed. This truck is definately fitting in well at the ranch.

Recourceful at the least. I had to cut some PVC pipe with the chainsaw

Thread Information