Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: My observations about racing................

TALON Supporting Member Mark #2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dboat
    Who is RG?
    Robbie Gordon is the one that started all this weight stuff with Danika in the sporting news.

I understand that weight savings is important but would anyone care if she had finished 23rd or even say 12th. It's sad that some of these guys can't just say "hey, she ran a better race than I did".
    95 - G1
    Blown, Stroked & Juiced

Quote Originally Posted by Shiner1
    I understand that weight savings is important but would anyone care if she had finished 23rd or even say 12th. It's sad that some of these guys can't just say "hey, she ran a better race than I did".
    Yeah, those crybabies...

Quote Originally Posted by Shiner1
    I didn't see any of them stall in the pits or spin out on cold tires under yellow, why no comments on the typical rookie mistakes at Indy?

Danica is overexposed now, she has no future.

Mark

I heard a couple of guys talking on ESPN about it and I think one them is right when they said, "She needs to win". If she can't do that, her 15 minutes of fame will expire just like Janet what'shername (Guthrie I think it was) who was the first female Indy driver.

I only caught the last 25 laps or so of the race, but I enjoyed it. It seems like there were only about 14 cars left or so at that time. I hope all the other drivers that didn't finish are ok.

Webmaster - Torque Fan Silver_2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark #2
    Mark
    Wanna bet ? 12 packs says she finishes in top 10 again this year

Quote Originally Posted by Mark #2

Mark

Yeah, I'd say she's a bit "overexposed"...

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_2000
    Wanna bet ? 12 packs says she finishes in top 10 again this year
    12 packs of what?

She is number 9 in points, I am sure that she will finish in the top 10 many times this year.

First win will also come this year, maybe even this weekend. I am sick of her though, when I got up on Monday morning there she was on GMA, not the winner.

She won't last as long as Britney Spears.

Oh, I dont know.. she may last as long as Brittany Spears. But I agree, if she wins a few races, it helps the credibility factor. Although, Anna Kournikova did it for years without winning. But she isnt Anna K in the looks department either.
    She is still pretty young, and if she continues to improve she will probably do fine. The CRASHCAR boys would run her off but in open wheel, she does have a chance.
    But I understand how she is getting overhyped right now, but lets face it, that racing series doesnt have that much going for it except her right now.
    Dana

Participating User TP Derrick D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dboat
    Sixer,

I agree with you on all accounts. And the women that attend these events in order of intelligence, looks and golddiggerness are as follows:

1) Formula One - was there any doubt? May not always be the best looking but they can golddig with the very best

2) Indy Car

3) CrashCar- usually white trash at its best, which at times can be pretty darned good, but the others have a higher volume of the good stuff

Yes no women drivers in Formula One, but there have been precious few in any of them that you listed, and well Angolie (NHRA) is a motorcycle rider. (still pretty hot though) There was one other pretty good looking blonde female NHRA driver a few years back and she got out when she got pregnant, her brother was a driver too, think she drove Pro Stock but cant remember her name.. She got a fair amount of attention as well.

As far a the women being umbrella holders in F1, wellllll.... what's wrong with that?

Great post Dennis

Dana
    I don't know if you are thinking of Rhonda Hartman-Smith or not,but she drove top fuel dragsters and she was married to a TF dragster race
    There is a female motorcycle racer ahead of Angelle in the points right now,I know her name just can't think of it right now. Angelle has a new last name for the 2nd time in less thaan 4 years. The 4 female drivers in Indy has been Janet Guthurie,Lynn St.James, Sara Fisher,Danicia Patrick.
    Yeah ,I follow NASCAR for 30 years now, I grew up in Alabama where NASCAR was cool before it became cool, Talladega 500 & Daytona 500 with the Alabama gang Donnie & Bobby Allison ,NHRA for 18 years and INDY for 25 years or so just in the past 10 on a regular basis,but I use to watch Gordon Johncock,AJ Foyt ,The Unsers, Mario, Johnny Rutherford, well you guys get the picture. NO F1 FOR ME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by TP Derrick D
    I don't know if you are thinking of Rhonda Hartman-Smith or not,but she drove top fuel dragsters and she was married to a TF dragster race
    There is a female motorcycle racer ahead of Angelle in the points right now,I know her name just can't think of it right now. Angelle has a new last name for the 2nd time in less thaan 4 years. The 4 female drivers in Indy has been Janet Guthurie,Lynn St.James, Sara Fisher,Danicia Patrick.
    Yeah ,I follow NASCAR for 30 years now, I grew up in Alabama where NASCAR was cool before it became cool, Talladega 500 & Daytona 500 with the Alabama gang Donnie & Bobby Allison ,NHRA for 18 years and INDY for 25 years or so just in the past 10 on a regular basis,but I use to watch Gordon Johncock,AJ Foyt ,The Unsers, Mario, Johnny Rutherford, well you guys get the picture. NO F1 FOR ME !!!
    Yeah what ever happened to Sara Fisher, I liked her.
    Mark

Thread Information