Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Diesel 2.05 gal

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar

Diesel 2.05 gal

At the Flying J off 20 West of I45 Dowdy Ferry I think.. I refused to pay 2.20+ a gal from other places! The truck has a 28gal tank but it hit 29+ before it clicked off. I guess it was getting a little low .

60 bones.... I have been getting gas for 2.35 a gallon.

Participating User my2002lightning's Avatar

Talking

$50 fill-ups are the norm here. Just got back from a week-end Shreveport road-trip with Elaine in the L.

Avg. was 16.3 mpg, btw. and that's with cruise-ctl.

I remember last year when diesel was 1.63 a gallon. If I can quit hauling stuff and running with Lightnings and Mustangs etc I may get better than 14mpg . There must be a lot of price gouging and inflation at the pumps. Why else can one station sell a gallon for 2.05 and the place across the intersection be twenty cents a gallon higher.

Participating User
    i took a road trip down to austin and killee/ft hood this weekend.... had my friend calculate my gas mileage.... She said i got 24miles to the gallon from arlington to austin and a bit of driving around austin and 80+ all the way there. Got there with half a tank left.

Participating User BC Lightning's Avatar
    I filled up yesterday and it was $50.00+, I got 283 miles out of the tank

To fill up both tanks on the gen 1 was around $70.00

Webmaster - Torque Fan Silver_2000's Avatar
    Makes you wonder how a 28 gallon tank can possibly hold 29 gallons

Either the tank is bigger than 29 gallons or the pumps are not calibrated ....

But then we have all seen people try to shove 20 lbs of potatoes in a 10 lb sack.....

Tin Foil is my friend Wht95Lightning's Avatar
    Either the tank is bigger than 29 gallons or the pumps are not calibrated ....
    Yeah, I've been noticing that my work truck's tank seems to be stretching out according to the amount of fuel that fit's in it lately.

According to the diesel forums they say the Ford 28gal truck hold about 31-32 max between the tank and large 2" fill neck. I rekon that was about it for my truck as I was 40 miles past the low fuel light and the pointer was below the red mark. I do question the calibration of pumps at times though. I thikn I saw weights and measures officers there last week also . Those damn certifications are good for like four years .

Webmaster - Torque Fan Silver_2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L8 APEX
    According to the diesel forums they say the Ford 28gal truck hold about 31-32 max between the tank and large 2" fill neck. I rekon that was about it for my truck as I was 40 miles past the low fuel light and the pointer was below the red mark. I do question the calibration of pumps at times though. I thikn I saw weights and measures officers there last week also . Those damn certifications are good for like four years .
    Never thought about the volume of the neck... Good point

Quote Originally Posted by PoorSvtman
    had my friend calculate my gas mileage.... She said i got 24miles to the gallon from arlington to austin and a bit of driving around austin and 80+ all the way there. Got there with half a tank left.
    Must be the "new math"

Participating User BC Lightning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorSvtman
    i took a road trip down to austin and killee/ft hood this weekend.... had my friend calculate my gas mileage.... She said i got 24miles to the gallon from arlington to austin and a bit of driving around austin and 80+ all the way there. Got there with half a tank left.

I'm lucky if I get 12-14mpg

Participating User
    Quote Originally Posted by 99WhiteBeast
    Must be the "new math"

I guess... i thought it was high but i did change my oil 30 mins before the trip and i have lost a few lbs lol....... who knows my truck has always used gas pretty good.. This was the first time i have ever checked it since i got the truck.

Mike you must have a freak truck! I went up to Lawton O.k. in my L and only managed 17mpg and that was doing the speed limit! You might want to double check those numbers!

Participating User
    yea i think they are a little high..... well in the 2 or so years of owning my truck that was the first time i checked it... I dont realy care, i bought the truck to drive it not worry about gas mileage

Thread Information