Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry your the man

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar

PR Customer Feedback

I figured I would make a thread for PR customers to leave feedback. Kind of like eBay feedback it can be viewed by those interested in doing business with PR. Thanks for your comments and support
    Last edited by L8 APEX; 06-05-2002 at 12:36 PM.
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” -John 15:13

Cool shops

Any performance shop in the DFW area?

Participating User

Shops

Curtis:
    First, let me say Congrats on your "L"....you will love it.
    Second, Only one shop I know and TRUST to work on my L; Terry at Performance Research.
    I had my truck "tuned up" yesterday and he did an outstanding job.
    Terry is not only very thorough, but extremely meticulous and genuinely cares about you and your truck…not like some of the other shops that care only about their wallet linings not showing.
    I must say, my L was great before I had Terry “Tune” it up…now, she just plain ROCKS.
    Terry uses named brand and highly respected parts, he doesn’t try to “Up sell” you on a bill of goods that you don’t need or don’t want.
    Coolest thing…he is local and very competitively priced.
    When I picked mine up yesterday after he "Tuned" it...all I could say was "Holly F@$k!!!! and I wasnt refering to the bill.

Welcome aboard Curtis

Participating User

Install

Chip, 2# Pulley and PSP Air. WOW, What a difference a day makes. I feel like like I have new truck, and the shift is much more firmer but not neck jerking. Did I mention this was all done by our local L tuner himself, Terry (L8APEX). His total work time was a little over an hour, the rest of the time he was answering my stupid questions. I feel like I am pretty handy with a wrench and this would have taken me at least 6 hours, that is if I could figure out how to put in the Chip. All of this was done for just a little over what the parts would have cost if you ordered from PSP or JDM, minus the shipping time (we've all read those threads). Also about a month ago Terry ordered me a Magnaflow Stainless-Steel dual-in dual-out with built in X-pipe and had his exhaust man install.His exhaust man is very meticulous, he even raised and leveled out my sagging tips,and all for a little over $200. Kinneys wanted more than that just to walk out with the muffler.We at TALON are very lucky to have Terry in our Club. Utilize his many services and you won't be sorry,he's also good at answering stupid questions and always available. Thanks again Terry,see you Thursday night.

Talking Meticulous

One word say's it all METICULOUS. Terry is def. my tuner now. Worked on my truck late one night after working his day gig all day, just so we could be set for the monthly meeting. Not to mention I was a willing test project for the new BIG MOUTH exhaust. That set-up alone is SWEEEEEET! Multiple mods with no complications say's EXPERT to me.

Participating User RedNemesis01's Avatar

yet another PR fan

The weekend w/out the L was painful (separation anxiety), but well worth the results. Gone from stock to...well...not so stock. One of the major improvements was the installation of his new Big-Mouth Exhaust setup. Really like the sound.

Many thanks to Terry for discovering my little fuel flow issue (old fuel filter was starving the engine) and fixing. That combined with the other mods he performed have my little red nemesis hauling the mail, and fast.

What more can I say than that he and I are already discussing round two.

thanks again
    bill
    #5561 - Red Nemesis '01
    Bill Krueger
    As factory as they come...well...not exactly.

Participating User RedNemesis01's Avatar
    Terry does it again. Tuned up the tranny and suspension this evening. I just thought that it was performing well (after the previous mods). I truly don't know how to behave in the L now.

Calling all GM, Daimler, misc. ricers, etc. :-D Line'em up!!!

bill

Participating User
    Just got my mods in today and dyno'd.

First, Terry is an awesome guy. Second, his truck kicks serious arse and I now know exactly what I want my Lightning to be when it grows up.

That aside... stock: 356 rwhp, 448 rwtq

4# lower, psp intake/filter, denso plugs, jdm single chip, line valve, 4x4 tranny pan

Now: 386 rwhp, 475 rwtq.

That's in 90% humidity and with only ~15 miles or so on the computer, not sure if it will "learn" as it goes along but we'll see.

Thanks Terry! I'll be back for more when money permits, I'm in deep enough doo-doo as it is.
    Last edited by BlkLightning; 06-30-2002 at 01:19 AM.
    2002 Lightning ~ Black
    - STOCK: 356 rwhp, 448 rwtq (2.12 60', 8.91 @ 80.12 mph, 14.04 @ 98mph)
    - NOW : 386 rwhp, 475 rwtq (1.98 60', 8.39 @ 84.96 mph, 13.02 @ 106.43 mph)
    - PSP Intake/Filter, 4# Lower, Denso's, JDM Chip, Line Valve, 4x4 tranny pan, Magnaflow Bullets, !Washed Mod.

- On The List: Accufab TB, ported upper intake, Cobra R water pump, electric fan.
    -
    Team Performance Research's Dirty Little Secret
    1969 Chevelle ~ Canary Yellow
    - 454 BBC, TH400, 4.11's. Newest project!
    1987 Turbo Regal ~ Paint Me
    - Lots of mods, needs body & paint, for sale!
    2002 Suzuki GSX-R600 ~ Blue & White

What can you say about Terry's (L8APEX) work......first rate all the way! I was very impressed with the quality of work and the attention to details (like torque specs).

I'm already planning my next mods. I might have to start a payroll deduction straight to PR&D so the mods can keep on coming

Wink Long Drive to Motorsport Ranch, and thirsty....

I agree. Terry does get into the job. NOW if he would offer complimentary Beer on Tap for the customers...bahahahaha

Participating User

Thumbs up Terry outdoes himself again

I gotta give a serious hats off to Terry. He came through in flying colors for me at the last minute and worked all night to make certain it was as trick as possible right before our Hallsville race on 12-7-02.
    I know Terry does a great job, but how many tuners would 1) work all night tweaking every detail 2) Wash your truck before delivering it 3) Personally heat your bottle before every run because you bought some cheap a$$ used kit that was missing the bottle warmer thermostat 4) Spend all day running around town to replace broken, stripped and crushed fitting and when it is all done, have the trickest, stealthiest looking setup imaginable.
    Ultimatly, my first place trophy belongs added to his list of achievemnts...all I had to do was drive.

It just keeps getting better...Terry does great work...I would be happy to demo/show the truck and its work for anyone who wants a first hand look at just what an awsome job it really is.

Guys

Terry outdid himself for me.. I have had him drop my truck, put on new rotors, pads, wheels, paint the calipers, PSP air kit, Accufab TB, oil separator for the s/c, transmission service with Mobil 1, filter and larger pan, and a fuel filter..
    Everything has been great..
    Terry is my tuner and I am glad we have him in N Tx..

I will post pics as soon as I can get my truck outside.. its a little icy today...

Dana

Agreed. He is meticulous to say the least.

TALON-Hoot Man! Member blueoval01's Avatar
    Originally posted by MadMax
    Agreed. He is meticulous to say the least.
    Yep Terry is a good man to have on your side.

Now, if he could just get a date ........ LOL
    Mark #4

In the Garage Unplugged.. tliss's Avatar
    Terry has done several things to my truck and everything has been done well and right! Adding speed and power is what it's all about, and having someone locally that can help with all of your needs WHO YOU CAN TRUST is a goldmine IMO. As time goes on and more gets added, Terry's phone will be ringing...that's for sure.

Tom

Thread Information