Thread: check this one out http://www.svttexas.com

Participating User TP Derrick D's Avatar

check this one out http://www.svttexas.com

http://www.svttexas.com/ to see if there may be anything of intrest on the L link in the forum.
    Last edited by TP Derrick D; 07-22-2004 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TP Derrick D
    http://www.svttexas.com/ to see if there may be anything of intrest on the L link in the forum.
    I've been skulking about a bit there, and they are a nice bunch of people, very welcoming to the L owner. The L forum is a bit quiet, but what's there isn't bad. All it takes is some participation. www.svtperformance.com has a very active L forum as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Arcana
    I've been skulking about a bit there, and they are a nice bunch of people, very welcoming to the L owner. The L forum is a bit quiet, but what's there isn't bad. All it takes is some participation. www.svtperformance.com has a very active L forum as well.
    I use to hang out with some of those guys a little when they met at Bankston Ford in Frisco with my Mustang before I got my L . After I got my L I did a couple on track visits (TMS) with them but then joined TALON .So I lost touch with them except when I go to events that they are particiating in and we BS a bit .They still try to get me to join their club. I wasn't to trilled about them joining SVTOA because of some of the bylaws you have to live by. So I stayed solo until Rob & Terry kinda convinced me to check out TALON and the rest is history.

I use to hang out with some of those guys a little when they met at Bankston Ford in Frisco with my Mustang before I got my L . After I got my L I did a couple on track visits (TMS) with them but then joined TALON .So I lost touch with them except when I go to events that they are particiating in and we BS a bit .They still try to get me to join their club. I wasn't to trilled about them joining SVTOA because of some of the bylaws you have to live by. So I stayed solo until Rob & Terry kinda convinced me to check out TALON and the rest is history.
    Well, the original issues with national SVTOA are history as well, they've revamped and relaxed considerably. SVT Texas is in no way affiliated with SVTOA, considering that DFW-SVTOA sprung up as *the* official SVTOA group in this area. So membership with them won't cross you with SVTOA--hell, membership in DFW-SVTOA doesn't require membership in national SVTOA, unless you want to participate in sanctioned SVTOA events, and that's only to give you warranty coverage.

In fact, Ford has relaxed their stance on track event considerably:

Quote Originally Posted by Oz98Cobra
    In an Autoweek article, a Ford spokesperson quoted the following in regards to open track use affecting warranty:

One rare exception is track day events organized, sponsored and sanctioned by the national Ford SVT Owners’ Association and local Ford/SVT dealers. Owners bring their cars, and the association and participating dealers agree to cover any mechanical failures brought on by normal track use.

“Owners can participate in the instructional days without automatically voiding their warranties,” says Ford Performance Vehicles spokesman Alan Hall. “Obviously if they abuse it [the car] on the track, or there’s a part that breaks due to aggressive driving, that will not be covered under warranty. But your warranty will not be voided across the board by just participating in that event. We don’t automatically void a warranty unless above-normal abuse is shown on a vehicle.”

Aren't you glad you're driving a Ford

Read the full article here: http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=02612566
    So, I'd say that there is value in that $40 you plop down. And I'd also say there's nothing wrong with belonging to multiple groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Arcana
    Well, the original issues with national SVTOA are history as well, they've revamped and relaxed considerably. SVT Texas is in no way affiliated with SVTOA, considering that DFW-SVTOA sprung up as *the* official SVTOA group in this area. So membership with them won't cross you with SVTOA--hell, membership in DFW-SVTOA doesn't require membership in national SVTOA, unless you want to participate in sanctioned SVTOA events, and that's only to give you warranty coverage.

In fact, Ford has relaxed their stance on track event considerably:

So, I'd say that there is value in that $40 you plop down. And I'd also say there's nothing wrong with belonging to multiple groups.
    Yeah I was thinking about joining them back then (around 98 - 99 - 00) or so but just decided to not join at that time. I was also considering NTMC out of Tarrant county area. They use to be out of Hurst but now I think they meet at a church off Beltline in Irving. I see a lot of the people from both clubs around the area at Fun Ford,Yellow Rose,Autorama and several of the Ford dealership car shows so I stay in touch I'm just not "an official member" but that may change because I did the same with TALON until I finally decided to become an"official -supporting member " I guess that's why I take up for one or the other of the groups if the other tries to hit with a low blow.

Yeah I was thinking about joining them back then (around 98 - 99 - 00) or so but just decided to not join at that time. I was also considering NTMC out of Tarrant county area. They use to be out of Hurst but now I think they meet at a church off Beltline in Irving. I see a lot of the people from both clubs around the area at Fun Ford,Yellow Rose,Autorama and several of the Ford dealership car shows so I stay in touch I'm just not "an official member" but that may change because I did the same with TALON until I finally decided to become an"official -supporting member " I guess that's why I take up for one or the other of the groups if the other tries to hit with a low blow.
    I'm with you--I think we can all get along, and those of use who can crossover to other groups gain great benefits from said memberships, from memebr discounts to event discounts, to great technical advice. Hence why I also try to post up the otehr club events as much as possible, and to encourage more cross-participation. This way, we make *ALL* the clubs that much stronger, and expand our range of contacts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] CARETAKER OF Quick SILVER da' "TOYTRUCK" 2000 #3407:
    We confide in our strenght without boasting of it;
    we respect that of others without fearing it.

Thread Information