Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: 02BOLT sells his ride

Leave my user title alone 03LightningRocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StormShadow
    I'm just following Tom's example, I believe this is how he's running his. I may grow a pair and leave the 4lber on there. I gotta wait untill I get my boost gauge so I know how much fire I'm playing with.
    Call me Adam...........It would be easier than typing. Here is the dyno I got from 16lbs of boost. That is about what your making with the 4lb lower and 2lb upper. I think I have a couple bolt on's you don't, but it will be close.

One thing to remember. Since you don't have long tubes, your A/F may run a little richer than mine with the same chip.....I am betting you will be at around 11.8 A/F using my chip and that pulley set up.

In the Garage Unplugged.. tliss's Avatar
    [QUOTE=StormShadow]I'm just following Tom's example, I believe this is how he's running his. I may grow a pair and leave the 4lber on there. I gotta wait

Yep. I dropped back down to the 2# pulley when the Apten went on. I'm planning on putting the 4# pulley on tonight. I'm getting a lot of belt slippage with the 2# now, so I'm going to slap the 4 back on to see what happens. should help with my low torque numbers as well.

Tom

Yep. I dropped back down to the 2# pulley when the Apten went on. I'm planning on putting the 4# pulley on tonight. I'm getting a lot of belt slippage with the 2# now, so I'm going to slap the 4 back on to see what happens. should help with my low torque numbers as well.

Tom[/QUOTE]
    Cool. Have you run with the Apten yet?

Quote Originally Posted by StormShadow
    Cool. Have you run with the Apten yet?
    We went out to Denton last night. Air and temps weren't in our favor, but it felt good. Still havent taken it to a 1/4 mile track, so I don't know where it will perform on the big end. Consistent 8.40s at 84.xx on street tires.

Also, my dyno before the Apten was right at 380/450-ish at the wheels with the 4#. With the 2# yesterday (on my new program from Swanson and a different dyno) I pulled 410/460-ish with approximately 14# boost. It is weird because the boost gauge jumps to 10, stays there for a second and then jumps to 14 which implies to me belt slippage. We'll see if I can correct that.

Tom

Leave my user title alone 03LightningRocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tliss
    We went out to Denton last night. Air and temps weren't in our favor, but it felt good. Still havent taken it to a 1/4 mile track, so I don't know where it will perform on the big end. Consistent 8.40s at 84.xx on street tires.

Also, my dyno before the Apten was right at 380/450-ish at the wheels with the 4#. With the 2# yesterday (on my new program from Swanson and a different dyno) I pulled 410/460-ish with approximately 14# boost. It is weird because the boost gauge jumps to 10, stays there for a second and then jumps to 14 which implies to me belt slippage. We'll see if I can correct that.

Tom
    Those dyno numbers don't sound too far off. That's about what I made at 14lbs. I may have had a bit more torque.

The way my apten showed...it just steady kept climbing...right up to red line...or shift point.

It did seem to do most of the work after the 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by 03LightningRocks
    Hmmmmm......I guess maybe mine are bigger than yours.....I thought your last girlfriend was just trying to make me feel better when she told me that.

Hey....maybe you should just take the belt off the blower....and hide it under your skirt until you become a, REAL MAN.

Wow....check out the new, GAY, smilies Doug set up.

Rocks..................I like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by 03LightningRocks
    Those dyno numbers don't sound too far off. That's about what I made at 14lbs. I may have had a bit more torque.

The way my apten showed...it just steady kept climbing...right up to red line...or shift point.

It did seem to do most of the work after the 1/8th
    That's what I figured. I can't wait to get it out to the 1/4 mile to see what it does on the big end. I also need to see what the new tranny will do. The truck seems to pull considerably harder after each shift now. The 1-2 shift no longer just scratches...it screams! Perhaps next weekend I'll be able to give her a whirl.

Tom

Ahh yes don't u just love the feel of a bad azz built tranny, I have the same one under mine, just love the hell out of her, pulls harder going in every gear!

Quote Originally Posted by tliss
    That's what I figured. I can't wait to get it out to the 1/4 mile to see what it does on the big end. I also need to see what the new tranny will do. The truck seems to pull considerably harder after each shift now. The 1-2 shift no longer just scratches...it screams! Perhaps next weekend I'll be able to give her a whirl.

Tom

Thread Information