Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 02BOLT sells his ride

I got the cash for those T-bars, if they are still up for grabs Rob!

Hey guys,

I just got home from work(8:15pm), and don't have internet access while in the field, so I haven't had a chance to check the boards all day. At any rate, I'm heading out of town tomorrow through Sunday, and have not even begun packing yet. I'll try to get an updated list of the SOLD goodies up here in a bit.

Thanks to all of you for your help, and I hope these parts will serve you all well. This is absolutely miserable, but at least I feel maybe I was able to help several of you realize some mods that will make your L just that much sweeter than before. That's what this brotherhood is all about.

Later,
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by 02BOLT
    Hey guys,

I just got home from work(8:15pm), and don't have internet access while in the field, so I haven't had a chance to check the boards all day. At any rate, I'm heading out of town tomorrow through Sunday, and have not even begun packing yet. I'll try to get an updated list of the SOLD goodies up here in a bit.

Thanks to all of you for your help, and I hope these parts will serve you all well. This is absolutely miserable, but at least I feel maybe I was able to help several of you realize some mods that will make your L just that much sweeter than before. That's what this brotherhood is all about.

Later,
    Rob
    So who bought the motor ? Maybe I can convince em I need it for a dead KB'd L since Nov

--wes

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar
    He needs a good core engine to trade in with Wes.. Ron is getting the good stuff KB, engine, 50's etc. Since he couldn't beat him he decided to buy his setup . Taking Rob's truck apart will be like puting my dog to sleep . I have donated a lot of effort and personal attention to make the truck a success. From fixing the trans in 2 days to make its first 11 second pass a Ennis that Saturday. Many mods with free home pickup and delivery ( I hate driving Rob's truck). It has been a real adventure as Rob has bought the best of everything from day one. He is the first and possibly only L owner who I ever sold HRE's. And only local owner to run Brembos. As in most car projects they get sold by the time you have them finished and tuned out . It was a privilage working with Rob to build the fastest Lightning in the club . What will I do next... Here is how I will rememeber the L.

It's been a privelege working with you too my friend. We haven't always seen eye to eye, but I've always respected and appreciated you for your work ethic, and your unbelievable attention to detail. I could have never had her to the level she was without your help and guidance. You have gone above and beyond many, many times to help a brotha out, and your pricing was ALWAYS more than fair.

She NEVER let me down in any way, shape or form, and she ALWAYS hit on all 8 cylinders all the time. She made countless 1/4 and 1/8 mile passes with nary a whimper, and ran 11.60's at 117+ on the stock longblock withOUT the assistance of N2O. Her final victim was a Millenium Yellow ZO6, that she covered by 6 tenths of a second and 4 MPH in the 1/8!(Last Wednesday night) I didn't know it at the time, that would be her last pass under my right foot, but she went out with her guns blazing. I have NEVER enjoyed a vehicle as completely and thoroughly as I did this L. I made a lot of great friends that will be around long after her paint her has faded, and for that I am truly grateful. One thing's for sure, there is NOTHING more fun than showing a fast a$$ CAR your TAILGATE!

Thanks again Terry. You are a HUGE asset to this community!

Later,
    Rob

Sheesh...you guys keep this up and you're gonna be making out in a second

--wes

Slacker-Leave my user title alone Crawford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wesman
    Sheesh...you guys keep this up and you're gonna be making out in a second

--wes
    Ladies and gentlemen thank you for tuning in to WGAY all GAY all day!!!
    Crawford Cooper
    NLOC #1039
    --Team WWFB--
    Gone but not forgotten:
    Black 2001 Lightning #6142
    Born on date: 8/13/01

Sadly, it looks like reason has won out. I just hope your wife understands and appreciates the depth of your sacrifice. However, if she doesn't and things don't work out, sounds like you can always move in with Terry.

alright, alright, c'mon now...just trying show a fella brotha a little appreciation is all.

Later....

Quote Originally Posted by 02BOLT
    alright, alright, c'mon now...just trying show a fella brotha a little appreciation is all.

Later....
    Just messin with you a little. So are you going to retain the services of the Gen I? You can make these thinks fast for a lot less $$$ you know.

Rob is out of town so I am making some deals of my own . Who wants a built tranny? I built this one jsut for Rob's 530rwhp KB powered track beast. It is born and raised on Mobil1 ATF. It has the diesel drum which holds extra clutches, Raybestos blue plates, means steels, LFP valve body, B&M deep aluminum pan. Everything I could think of to make one last. Rob wanted 950 plus R&R for both trucks. I will swap this for a good working trans for 1,000 cash installed turn key job. Throw in another 400 for an Art Carr 2400 converter and you will be set up tight. Our normal built trans is 2000 plus 250 for R&R. Half price ain't bad. I need to have your truck at the shop ASAP Friday or Saturday for the swap. If you have ever driven a built trans truck you would know it is like a mod all in itself.

This thing is looking more like a stolen truck by the minute. I am not wasting any time getting the job done. Just be patient as I have a lot of trucks to transfer and install parts to. The drivetrain and exhaust is out! Tomorrow will be Ron's engine pull then back together with them.

In the Garage Unplugged.. tliss's Avatar
    Mine

Tom
    Last edited by tliss; 03-17-2004 at 10:17 PM.

Transmission is SOLD . I like my insane deals what Rob doesn't know can't hurt him .

Thread Information