Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Not that you care, but im leaving

sometimes it just takes that one thing to set you off when things have not been going your way- been there and done that when I was younger.

In the long run it makes no difference and you can't get upset over things you can't ultimately control-

it will cause you to drink, get fat, and lose your hair-what you think happened to these guys

scott,

just relax a bit man, you have to learn to live with this group. we all give each other a hard time, its kinda like a team thing. i think the hostility that your sensing is mostly exaggerated by you imagination. i will always be glad to help someone make any of their cars faster, and if i have knowledge that will help to that then i will answer any questions. if anything it could have been a wake up call to the rest of us. stick around a while, us Lightning Brotheren must stick together

p.s. sounds like youve had a shitty week, im sure weve all been there at one point. like someone said earlier, roll a phatty and relax a bit.

This thread is

Less , more and .

Scott, do this and then ...

Dang. Try anger management.

Have a Bowl Of Chili

Then about 27 beers!

TALON Supporting Member SILVER2000SVT's Avatar
    Scott,

I understand a little of how you feel, especially after the way some of the guys answer your posts. So what if you ask a bunch of questions, they shouldn't give you a hard time. You are like me, when you get into something new, you want to learn as much as you can as fast as you can. I've asked some of the same questions when I first go into it and got all kinds of messages, like "do a search before asking old questions". Oh well, you live and you learn.

Some of the guys aren't the most friendly and inviting people all the time, that's just the way they are I guess. Terry sometimes comes off a little gruff sometimes, but I really don't think he means anything by it, it's just his personality. I don't know if everybody else is like me and asks him more questions than they give him business, if so I could see him getting a little irritated on a bad day, I know I might.

Jason

Webmaster - Torque Fan Silver_2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SILVER2000SVT
    Scott,

I understand a little of how you feel, especially after the way some of the guys answer your posts. So what if you ask a bunch of questions, they shouldn't give you a hard time. You are like me, when you get into something new, you want to learn as much as you can as fast as you can. I've asked some of the same questions when I first go into it and got all kinds of messages, like "do a search before asking old questions". Oh well, you live and you learn.

Some of the guys aren't the most friendly and inviting people all the time, that's just the way they are I guess. Terry sometimes comes off a little gruff sometimes, but I really don't think he means anything by it, it's just his personality. I don't know if everybody else is like me and asks him more questions than they give him business, if so I could see him getting a little irritated on a bad day, I know I might.

Jason
    Its almost a universal response on ANY forum on any subject.

Most forums have a strict "READ this BEFORE POSTING " thread.
    The past posts are maintained for a reason so that folks can go look thru them and learn from them. The search tool works great. We have been around a while and have read most of the posts here already. We are not asking ou to go back and read 2 years of posts - BUT like MOST forums we ask that you spend some time lurking and reading and learning. Once you have read some then ask specific pointed questions and you will get LOTS of help.

Think of all of us members as the authors of a great book on Lightnings in Texas. Imagine for a second we are selling that book and have set up a book signing at a local book store. Some of the questions asked that have been mentioned here as a problem are JUST like a Person going up to the Author of the Book and asking basic questions that are answered in the Book. The author would after a while get tired of folks who clearly havent bought the book and are asking questions that would be answered if they had at least read the liner notes on the inside cover. The author in this example would MUCH rather answer specific questions that maybe werent covered in the book. Its not a great analogy but I tried....

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_2000

The past posts are maintained for a reason so that folks can go look thru them and learn from them. The search tool works great. We have been around a while and have read most of the posts here already. We are not asking ou to go back and read 2 years of posts - BUT like MOST forums we ask that you spend some time lurking and reading and learning. Once you have read some then ask specific pointed questions and you will get LOTS of help.

Think of all of us members as the authors of a great book on Lightnings in Texas. Imagine for a second we are selling that book and have set up a book signing at a local book store. Some of the questions asked that have been mentioned here as a problem are JUST like a Person going up to the Author of the Book and asking basic questions that are answered in the Book. The author would after a while get tired of folks who clearly havent bought the book and are asking questions that would be answered if they had at least read the liner notes on the inside cover. The author in this example would MUCH rather answer specific questions that maybe werent covered in the book. Its not a great analogy but I tried....
    Amen to that. And I'm not pissed at ya either bro. C'mon out to ennis tonite.I'll buy ya a beer or two. Or three. Just clean your truck up. I'm video taping the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 03'svtlight
    Amen to that. And I'm not pissed at ya either bro. C'mon out to ennis tonite.I'll buy ya a beer or two. Or three. Just clean your truck up. I'm video taping the whole thing.
    Beer and racing. We can drink the beer after the races.

Quote Originally Posted by StormShadow
    Beer and racing. We can drink the beer after the races.
    hehe yep,And then what?? THE FAIR??? We already talked about that...

TALON Supporting Member SILVER2000SVT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_2000

I like the analogy. Once you develop your searching skills, it's quite a useful tool.

I can see I haven't missed anything since I've been away.

Participating User TP Derrick D's Avatar
    This post got 842 views , as you can see the love for soap opera drama

Quote Originally Posted by REXRENEGADE
    Have a Bowl Of Chili

Then about 27 beers!

I'll drink to that!!!!!

Leave my user title alone 03LightningRocks's Avatar
    Oh my......so when I act like a jerk, the evidence hangs there for two years??????????

Rocks

Thread Information