Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: We use Discount Tire for track and street rubber!

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar

Thumbs up We use Discount Tire for track and street rubber!

I made a good contact at the new Discount Tire in Cedar Hill off Hwy 67 and Beltline Rd. They are 5 mintues from my shop. The managers name is Bruce and he is going to stock one set of 555's and pair of DR's at his store. His prices are 10-20 bucks cheaper per tire than any other store. Nitto 555's 295/45/18's and DR's305.45.18's for the L. The prices I have worked out for TALON members is $195 for the Nitto 555's or Toyo Proxes, $230 for Nitto Drag Radials. That includes mounting and lifetime balance. I reccomend you to use them for all of your tire needs. Bruce works very hard to give us the lowest price you will find on anything you need.
    Phone is 972-291-3939.
    Last edited by L8 APEX; 12-28-2006 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L8 APEX
    I have found a Discount with competent employees that do a great job. They do all of my work including mounting up Rob's HRE's that were over $1K per wheel. I have talked them into stocking Nitto 295/45/18's for the L. The prices I have worked out for TALON members is $190 for the Nitto 555's, $225 for Nitto Drag Radials. That includes mounting and lifetime balance. I reccomend you to use them for all of your tire needs.
    One of my Corvette cusotmers lives in DeSoto and said he would rather use his local Discount to mount a new set of wheels he bought. I told him to try this store and he did. Now he was so impressed by the service and prices he brought his wife's Trailblazer in for new rubber. The store is at I-20 and Great Southwest Pkwy. by the new Wal-Mart and Schlotsky's. Their phone# is 972.602.3385 and talk to Brooks. Let them know you are a PR customer and he will take care of you
    Terry, cant thank you enough for taking care of us like this..

Thanks
    Dana

Thanks, Those are my direct wholesale prices I pay for tires. I don't get a penny off of your purchases with them. I just appreciate the way they do business at that location and pass it on. The wholsale cost on the tires from Discount Direct warehouse is 177 and 213 so you can see there isn't much mark up in there for labor etc. Basically 13 bucks a tire. Those tires retail for 219 and 253 regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by L8 APEX
    I have found a Discount with competent employees that do a great job. They do all of my work including mounting up Rob's HRE's that were over $1K per wheel. I have talked them into stocking Nitto 295/45/18's for the L. The prices I have worked out for TALON members is $190 for the Nitto 555's, $225 for Nitto Drag Radials. That includes mounting and lifetime balance. I reccomend you to use them for all of your tire needs.
    One of my Corvette cusotmers lives in DeSoto and said he would rather use his local Discount to mount a new set of wheels he bought. I told him to try this store and he did. Now he was so impressed by the service and prices he brought his wife's Trailblazer in for new rubber. The store is at I-20 and Great Southwest Pkwy. by the new Wal-Mart and Schlotsky's. Their phone# is 972.602.3385 and talk to Brooks. Let them know you are a PR customer and he will take care of you
    Any hook-ups for Nitto DR's on my Mustang? (275/40/17)

Quote Originally Posted by gagspa
    Any hook-ups for Nitto DR's on my Mustang? (275/40/17)
    Call Brooks and let him know you are a PR cusotmer and he will shoot you the bottom dollar .

Participating User my2002lightning's Avatar

Thumbs up

I just spoke with Brooks at Discount Tire and I'm getting 4 Toyo Proxes for $189 each incl. mount/bal. etc. to be delivered Mon/Tue.

Originally, he quoted me $200 per, but I told him about this http://www.treadepot.com/tireswheels...ers/index.html , so he came down to $189.

Thanks for the hookup, Terry!

Ronald

There is always someone cheaper but rarely better TireRack won't help you when you damage a tire on the road. There are Discount Tire locations coast to coast. I always give Brooks a little lunch money for making a good deal happen. He usually throws in metal valve stems, tape balance whatever it takes to get it done right

I appreciate you guys using Brooks! Your volume keeps our prices lower. Rob and I have probably accounted for a lot of those sales personally . Anyway, I appreciate it and remember he can do tires for regular cars as well. He hooked up Adam's Mustang, my dad's Z-71, brother's Chevy 1500. What I like is there Nationwide coverage. It is like buying something at a Walmart

Participating User my2002lightning's Avatar
    I'd buy through Discount Tire/Brooks again, but I would've dealt DIRECTLY with Brooks since he knows Terry and has dealt with Ls!.

The day they called me with my tires, Brooks was off and they had the "crew" in there. I requested Brooks to take care of it "start to finish" with the front-desk, but that was his day off.

The high-schoolers scuffed the rims in a few spots, but other than that, they did a good job.

I'd do it again, except I'd coordinate when Brooks would've been there and taken care of me personally.

Ronald
    Last edited by my2002lightning; 03-29-2004 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by my2002lightning
    I'd buy through Discount Tire/Brooks again, but I would've dealt DIRECTLY with Brooks since he knows Terry and has dealt with Ls!.

The day they called me with my tires, Brooks was off and they had the "crew" in there. I requested Brooks to take care of it "start to finish" with the front-desk, but that was his day off.

The high-schoolers scuffed the rims in a few spots, but other than that, they did a good job.

I'd do it again, except I'd coordinate when Brooks would've been there and taken care of me personally.

Ronald
    Scuffed rims is NEVER a good job. I had bought the lifetime balance at Walmart and the dipshit laid the hubcaps on the floor...FACE DOWN!!! One of them looked like it slid across the floor six feet! I couldn't believe it. Even when I was bustin tires back in the day I alwaysed set the caps face up and out of the way like on the lift arms. I was pissed! I might cut my losses and try Discount next time.

Is Brooks in sales or in the shop? If sales, does he go back there and bust the tires and balance himself?
    George G.
    '03 2-Tone HD F150

Brooks is an assistant manager but he does my HRE and custom wheels himself. Jesus is a good tire and balance man up there.

Quote Originally Posted by my2002lightning

Ronald
    So what's the solution for scuffed rims? Not inserts, rims.

I asked and my Discount guy can get Toyos as well $200 each just like the 555's.

Brandt hooked me up with a very good deal on some Goodyear 295/40/20's

Got prices yesterday at I-20 and Little rd. Nitto 555's 224.99 Toyo proxes 299.00 each 295/45/18s. Sounds like I-20 and GSW is where I will be buying my tires. thank you for the info.

Thread Information