Thread: P0171 / P0174 Codes

P0171 / P0174 Codes

It has happened to me. I plan on pulling the blower and removing the Turkey Elbow and installing a 3/8 NPT plug and purchasing the JLT Oil Separator. Hope it works!

Any suggestions?

Chris

Not sure if ill be much help, but ill take a stab.

lean codes on both banks? Likely a vacuum leak somewhere. Try just listening under the hood while the engine is running.

I pulled all the Vac hoses to inspect as well as the EGR and IAV. I cleaned everything and did notice that the VAC hose of the T, passenger side that goes up to the intake basically fell off. The Turkey hose to the back of the blower feels solid. I capped off the turkey hose and will drive it later this week after the rain passes. Next step will be to pull the blower and install 3/8 NPT plug in place of that dang elbow in the back...PITA!

Terry use to put a cap and tie rap(its a one hand job),no need to pull blower.That EGR causes lean codes,i chased the problem for months,also a relay that fails which controls it.That POS is nothing but damaging to your truck.Go to LFP and get delete kit,takes 10 min to install.Cap off any control lines.Plug change easier,oil stays cleaner along with intercooler,truck runs noticably better with more power.look where the Ford clowns are dumping that exhaust air ,right to blower,then your intercooler.
    Last edited by Beaudee; 04-29-2015 at 10:17 PM.

Thx for the reply.
    I was just looing into the EGR delete. What happens to the connector when EGR block of plate s installed? For now, I just capped the turkey tub up top. I will attempt to pull it off and cap it behind the blower soon. I also installed a oil sep last night. As of this morning, no eng light yet

Quote Originally Posted by Beaudee View Post
    Terry use to put a cap and tie rap(its a one hand job),no need to pull blower.That EGR causes lean codes,i chased the problem for months,also a relay that fails which controls it.That POS is nothing but damaging to your truck.Go to LFP and get delete kit,takes 10 min to install.Cap off any control lines.Plug change easier,oil stays cleaner along with intercooler,truck runs noticably better with more power.look where the Ford clowns are dumping that exhaust air ,right to blower,then your intercooler.

EGR plate and plug came in. Now looking for instructions! Also, I have a JDM chip..will I end up with a check engine light?

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Thx for the reply.
    I was just looing into the EGR delete. What happens to the connector when EGR block of plate s installed? For now, I just capped the turkey tub up top. I will attempt to pull it off and cap it behind the blower soon. I also installed a oil sep last night. As of this morning, no eng light yet

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    EGR plate and plug came in. Now looking for instructions! Also, I have a JDM chip..will I end up with a check engine light?
    Terry gave me 3 tunes on excal box.Im not sure if it was deleted in my tunes.I left egr control relay(electrical connector) hooked up and capped off any lines not used(i think there are 2 coming off removed gas tube?) and one to egr from relay. i had to split a dual one with a razor blade to cap off maybe looped ones coming of removed gas tube(can take pik and post if you want).Havent had the lean codes or any since delete.My 171 and 174 codes where deff. from the egr valve.Truck ran noticably better also.The kit you got,remove egr valveinstall plate(reuse gasket).Remove exhaust tube and install cap,cap lines going to tube.Pretty simple.If you get code for deleting im not even sure what it would be,i dont think you will.I think orileys has vacum caps or ebay,i forget where i got em.Before i deleted egr consistantly got 171 and 174 codes after 4 days.Havent had a code in 2 years.
    Last edited by Beaudee; 05-11-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Thread Information