Thread: Formula 1

Formula 1

As some of you know, I am a huge Formula 1 fan. It was easy years ago as I really liked Michael Schumacher and Ferrari. Frankly, they were almost unbeatable for several years running, his record is an attestment to their success. However, this year, my long term support is being tested. There is some controversy over the move from the most recent V8 engine to the turbo V6. Honestly, I liked it better with the small displacement V10's and V12's of years past, but was ok with the V8. But with the change to the turbo V6, you dont have the incredibly high revving 18-20K rpm, engines of the past and the wonderful sounds that they made. F1 has removed the refueling during the race for safety reasons but honestly, refueling, fuel loads, etc were always a part of the race and pit strategy. The sound of these much lower revving engines just isnt the same. There is some concern that the F1 experience has taken a hit with this cost saving move. Let me say... I AGREE!! Oh, I will continue to watch but my zealousness and energy for the sport is and has waned a bit. Not sure how anyone else sees it, as you may not be the fan of F1 that I am, but its like taking V8's out of NASCAR and making them go open wheels so no more bumping and rubbing and such, OH and they would have run Midas Mufflers.. just really aggravating. Besides, I cant have witty back and forth with Mark on the comparisons between weedeaters and F1 engines..

Dana

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar
    The sound is the voice of the sport, boo. Might as well go electric next...
    "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.” -John 15:13

Thread Information