Thread: I may be dreaming

I may be dreaming

My in laws small pickup is on its last legs. So in an effort to help out, I am trying to find a pickup, no specific brand, no specific model, just a clean, under 120K mileage, auto, cold air, radio, pickup that could be purchased under $3500. However, after looking and looking, I am just not finding anythying. I am beginning to believe that cash for clunkers took care of them.
    So, any suggestions?

Dana

TALON Supporting Member SILVER2000SVT's Avatar
    Small pickups seem to cost more used than full size in your target range.

General rule of thumb, you should expect to get a single cab full size pickup with no options, 60-70k miles, a V-6, 5 years old for around $5000. I've even seen them at the used car dealers for these price ranges (maybe a little more).

Following the rule of thumb above if you go higher mileage (100k) or older (7-10years), $3500 seems reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by SILVER2000SVT View Post
    Small pickups seem to cost more used than full size in your target range.

General rule of thumb, you should expect to get a single cab full size pickup with no options, 60-70k miles, a V-6, 5 years old for around $5000. I've even seen them at the used car dealers for these price ranges (maybe a little more).

Following the rule of thumb above if you go higher mileage (100k) or older (7-10years), $3500 seems reasonable.
    If i could find the 60-70K mile pickup that was clean, auto and cold air.. for $5000, I would probably pull the trigger.. but honestly, I just havent seen em.. but I will keep looking.

you will prolly have better luck finding a nice used mini van in that price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
    you will prolly have better luck finding a nice used mini van in that price range.
    True, but not quite what I am looking for.

Craigslist,LOL.With gas prices makin records thell start showin up.3500 might get you a dodge LOL.Small pik-up? got tools,good luck.Go Nissan,they are great trucks,reliable,easy fixen,last long time.Just boought my kid one.Plenty on Craigslist . http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ctd/2846398178.html
    Last edited by Beaudee; 02-23-2012 at 10:15 PM.

I know someone that deals almost exclusively with Ford Rangers- most are collision repair but clean and fixed correctly. When I was looking for vehicles for my daughter he had some in the 4 to 6k range- most were lower miles (60 to 90k)

Quote Originally Posted by 99WhiteBeast View Post
    I know someone that deals almost exclusively with Ford Rangers- most are collision repair but clean and fixed correctly. When I was looking for vehicles for my daughter he had some in the 4 to 6k range- most were lower miles (60 to 90k)
    Steve, I might be interested, if you would drop me a link or a name and number, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dana

Well, I found one.. I was going over to Cowboy stadium for the Home and Garden show last Sat.. we were going to go by a dealer that had a couple of decent pickups for sale and on the way saw a clean 2003 Ford F150, long bed, plain jane. no options, except radio, auto and a/c.. vinyl bench seat, plastic/rubber floor, roll up windows, manual door locks, 134K miles.. but the body was in good shape and it seems to run good..

Dana

Webmaster - Torque Fan Silver_2000's Avatar
    that will average 14 mpg .... ;-(

its a v6 so not too bad

Thread Information