Thread: Lowes Home Improvements in Carrollton

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Webmaster - Torque Fan Silver_2000's Avatar

Lowes Home Improvements in Carrollton

Im in an on going disagreement with Lowes over warranty of a Door they sold and more importantly over the assurances the Manager Justin made

I paid for a second door and was told that when the defective door was returned to the store I would get a refund - But that hasnt happened

Its been months and Im getting this posted so that Google has a chance to index it in time for negotiations

Im currently in email discussions with Allison M - Hopefully she will be able to cut through the BS

Bump for Lowe's Carrollton.

Bastages, until they get you taken care of, you can bet they wont see my happy face in there spending my HARD EARNED money.

TALON Supporting Member 98Cobra's Avatar
    A door, like a bedroom door?

Curious, what was wrong with the door? I bought one from them in the past couple of years and let them install it. It has since warped.

Participating User mustgofaster's Avatar
    I've all but Sworn off Lowes for good. I had an incredibly bad experience with them 2 years ago when I purchased a grill from them. I still cannot believe how bad the customer service was.

Webmaster - Torque Fan Silver_2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Curious, what was wrong with the door? I bought one from them in the past couple of years and let them install it. It has since warped.
    It was an exterior door

It had a mushroom growing out of the INSIDE

IMO warping could simply be foundation settling. Mushroom means that water was some how getting inside the frame of the door

one picture is the mushroom and the roots of it along the bottom of the door
    the second is the replacement door in place with TOO much spray insulation

My issue isn't that the door may have been defective - that sucks and cost me the reinstall and the repaint costs - BUT what really gets me is the store manager Jason or Justin made a personal assurance that he would refund the old door if I bought another and had them install it .... He has since decided that he wont honor that ... I saw him last night, he made the error of coming up to me and asking if I needed help finding anything.. It took some restraint to not tell him what I thought of him and his character and the value of his word.

BTW - I Love Google

Search for Allison lowes carrollton and we are already on the first page ... ;-)

If there was sufficient nutrient source and spores for musrooms to sprout. Then there is also a possibility of harmful black mold growth, which could have spread to the interior of the house. (Mushrooms spread by spores just as harmful mold does) If I were lowe's I'd settle this one quietly and quickly.

Thread Information