Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Ride in the Driveway!

In the Garage Unplugged.. tliss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dboat View Post
    well, so maybe its not bone stock..

Tom, what plans do you have for it?

Dana
    First thing to do is recover from the initial cash outlay. Exterior needs some TLC, so I am going to focus on that first when I get the cash. Need to get the hail damage fixed and paint eventually. Also need some rear tires as the ones on it have plenty of tread but they have the cracks showing they are dried out. Drive train wise I think I'm going to figure out what's in there and pretty much leave it as is...it runs strong and doesn't show any signs of issues. Just going to play it day by day, but this is going to be my daily driver.

Tom

What size tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpipes View Post
    What size tires?
    Need to have a look see. I know the fronts are 245/45/17...I think the rears on it are 275s or 295....I looked at them but can't remember the number. Not sure if I am going to get the stock sized tires for the rear (245/45/17) or stay with the bigger ones at this point. I just want to get the plates and inspection up to date first.

Tom

I have 4-245/45R17s that will be available next week. Two fronts are brand new and the other two are still pretty good. The car was previously owned by a female so as you might expect, the front and back tires do not match, but you are welcome to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpipes View Post
    I have 4-245/45R17s that will be available next week. Two fronts are brand new and the other two are still pretty good. The car was previously owned by a female so as you might expect, the front and back tires do not match, but you are welcome to them.
    Freakin sweet! I am all over that! Lemme know when and where and I'll toss em in the back of the truck!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tliss View Post
    Freakin sweet! I am all over that! Lemme know when and where and I'll toss em in the back of the truck!

Tom
    Cars and Coffee!!! just be there...

Dana

Cars and Coffee!!! just be there...

Dana
    Never know when or where that is...of course I haven't really looked either. Can give a lazy ol bastard some guidance?

Never know when or where that is...of course I haven't really looked either. Can give a lazy ol bastard some guidance?
    Here's you a linkie

http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/

next one is May 7th, so that gives you plenty O time to get the new ride in shape in case you want to bring it out instead of the L.

Dana

Here's you a linkie

http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/

next one is May 7th, so that gives you plenty O time to get the new ride in shape in case you want to bring it out instead of the L.

Dana
    New ride will be legal by then...won't be where I want it though. Someone remind me and I'll see about making plans, although sleep on Saturday is nice....

although sleep on Saturday is nice....
    Its overrated..

Dana

Nice ride Tom-one of my favs too.
    You must be a gluten for punishment with two black vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by 99WhiteBeast View Post
    Nice ride Tom-one of my favs too.
    You must be a gluten for punishment with two black vehicles.
    Actually 3...the kid hauler Tahoe is black too. Only other color vehicle is the wife's ride. This this is not going to be real punishment for a while until I get a new paintjob on it.

Tom

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar
    Awesome, I have looked at them and their resale is High as you stated. That car is going to be the 67-69 Camaro of our generation.

Update:

1) Car failed the emissions test (i figured it would), so I've got to get some cats welded into the exhaust. Not happy about that, but eventually the exhaust is going to get scrapped anyway for some nicer pipes.

2) Horn was not working (found out when the inspection took place...nice surprise )...easy fix...fuse was dead.

3) Started having shifting issues, so I need to get the clutch checked out. At times it is hard to get the damn thing into gear. It is sporadic...seems like it only occurs when the car is hot after a lot of driving. Most likely need a new clutch...yay!

4) Suspect it has an exhaust leak...maybe a loose header or something. Something I need to dig into...perhaps I'll get the guys at the muffler shop to check that out.

5) It has no stereo! Need to get me a decent head unit to get some tuneage.

So far that's what I've found. I knew I was in for some work, I was just hoping to do it in due time, not right away! But oh well...lots more to do with it!

More updates later.

Tom

Tom,
    I think I recall that the Stangs in that era used a cable shifter.. there were issues with the cable itself and that might be a place to start.. it wouldnt require to much to replace and see if that does the trick.. also, upgrade to one of those short throw shifters at the same time..

Dana

Thread Information