Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Manual boost controller + more fuel + tuning

Manual boost controller + more fuel + tuning

= a net gain of 48rwhp. After the twin-turbo setup was originally done, it made 606rwhp/594rwtq. That was about 5 years ago (my memory is failing). Once we started getting only 10% ethanol gas, it had to be retuned to add fuel b/c I was getting some pinging on the top end... that brought power down to ~575rwhp. This was with 11psi through the stock cats and stock Z06 titanium cat-back.

Now that the warranty is out on the LPE forged block, I thought we'd experiment a little bit.

Manual boost controller raised boost, but injectors were maxxing out, so had to go with some 65lb injectors. Also added a Billy Boat cat-back exhaust (which is only a little heavier than the Z06 exhaust). With the turbos it is still very, very quiet...barely even noticeable that its louder than stock (still running stock cats).

After tuning, it is making 654rwhp/621rwtq (nice gain over the original config and nealy 80rwhp more than it was making just a week ago). The Z06 exhaust cuts ~25rwhp, so I'm not going back to that. Boost is right at 15-16psi from the little GT-28 turbos.

Just thought I'd share. The car runs like a top, gets 28mpg on the highway, and maintains stock-like driveability.

Webmaster - Torque Fan Silver_2000's Avatar
    cool

drool

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar
    Away with cats!

Quote Originally Posted by L8 APEX View Post
    Away with cats!
    Funny you say that... the only vehicle I own now that doesn't have cats... is the one that my son is driving... the Lightning.

I figure eventually I'm going to have to ruin that awesome exhaust you put on there and have cats welded in.

TALON Supporting Member Mark #2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WA 2 FST View Post
    654rwhp/621rwtq gets 28mpg and maintains stock-like driveability.
    This was impossible not that long ago, technology is good. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark #2 View Post
    This was impossible not that long ago, technology is good. Very nice.
    I agree. It's really amazing. Just like the fact the '11 v6 Mustang will absolutely crush a stock/near stock 5.0 Mustang from the early '90s. I cannot get over the fact a 6-banger N/A engine is making that kind of power and knocking down 30+mpg.

Quote Originally Posted by wa 2 fst View Post
    i agree. It's really amazing. Just like the fact the '11 v6 mustang will absolutely crush a stock/near stock 5.0 mustang from the early '90s. I cannot get over the fact a 6-banger n/a engine is making that kind of power and knocking down 30+mpg.
    +1

300 hp v6 right ?

The 08 V6 Toyota engine in the Lexus makes the same

yes, 3.7L v6 producing 305hp/280tq, and claiming 31mpg on the highway.

there are plenty of manufacturers doing this... I'm just saying it is impressive. This car runs mid-13s in the quarter, too.

there are plenty of manufacturers doing this... I'm just saying it is impressive. This car runs mid-13s in the quarter, too.
    Well the Lexus gets 31 on the highway - if you work at it ..
    28-29 pretty easy
    25 in mixed driving
    Mine has the extra feature of recalled valve springs

one does have to admit that this is really pretty impressive. this is way better than the prior years V6 and really better than the V8 as well, for less money.. I would wait a year or so and then start thinking turbo for that extra umpphhh when you need it and be able to keep the mpg.

Dana

Great numbers! Sounds like she ready to line up next to my "Grass Snake".? Let me know next time you are going to have the Vette out. Should make for some good video.

Terry, I would have no chance against you at the strip. Best run in its prior tune was 11.2 @ 137.xx. it should run north of 140 through the traps now, but I doubt on low profile drag radials it will be any quicker. At 600rwhp it is the same config that has gone 210mph with Lingenfelter driving. Its a top-end car that I enjoy doing 2nd gear and up roll-ons, but leaves a lot on the table at the strip.

Terry, I would have no chance against you at the strip. Best run in its prior tune was 11.2 @ 137.xx. it should run north of 140 through the traps now, but I doubt on low profile drag radials it will be any quicker. At 600rwhp it is the same config that has gone 210mph with Lingenfelter driving. Its a top-end car that I enjoy doing 2nd gear and up roll-ons, but leaves a lot on the table at the strip.

LOL. I wasn't talking about the truck. More like my TT Cobra vs your TT Vette. 30-40 mph rolls sounds good to me. You game for some R&R?

Shows how behind the times I am.

Let me get some tires first. I have to get the car inspected next month, and all 4 have to be replaced. Right now, with balding Nitto DRs I'm rolling at 80mph and just lighting them up. Impressive, but not safe and not quick, either.

Thread Information