Thread: C Drivers Dominate

C Drivers Dominate

The C and B drivers dominated qualifying today. Most of the top tier A drivers are starting deep in the middle. Should be an interesting race on Saturday night.

TALON Supporting Member Mark #2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PUMP View Post
    The C and B drivers dominated qualifying today. Most of the top tier A drivers are starting deep in the middle. Should be an interesting race on Saturday night.
    I guess it was interesting

Burton had a very fast car and pits outside the box and never gets his lap back. Scott Riggs got the lucky dog three times I think with a slow car. I think they should change that rule, only one lucky dog per race.

I thought Burton should have tried a wave around once, but as much green flag racing as they had that probably wouldn't have worked either.
    I hate having a driver that has a top 5 car and screws up in the pits and finishes a lap down.

I agree. The finish was kind of anti-climatic. Don't know why Kyle's crew chose to do 4 tires. He also had one of the fastest cars. Although he wasn't one of my drivers, I was pulling for him.

This weekend

Weather not looking good for this weekend in Texas.

I hope we get qualifying in tomorrow and practice on Saturday as we will be blind on our picks this week if they don't. I hate when this happens and I don't have any data.

I can't predict anything this year anyway, crew chiefs notes, practice speeds, starting position, and history hasn't mattered at all.

Double file restarts, wave arounds, lucky dogs, pitting outside the box, speed on pit road, cut tires, brake failures, batteries, etc, etc, etc is what determines the races.

It has nothing to do with speed on the race track as they all run about the same speed within a couple of tenths and it all comes down to who screws up the least.

Well I did post it was all luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark #2 View Post
    It has nothing to do with speed on the race track as they all run about the same speed within a couple of tenths and it all comes down to who screws up the least.

Well I did post it was all luck.
    The Kessler stated it was all luck, so I've been using the radom draw method. This way everyone will be within striking distance when the last race comes down.

Quote Originally Posted by PUMP View Post
    The Kessler stated it was all luck, so I've been using the radom draw method. This way everyone will be within striking distance when the last race comes down.
    Speaking from last place, I should be so lucky to get back in striking distance after just 1/4 of the season is over. Note to self, maybe I should start using data.

Webmaster - Torque Fan Silver_2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpipes View Post
    Speaking from last place, I should be so lucky to get back in striking distance after just 1/4 of the season is over. Note to self, maybe I should start using data.
    How the heck did I stay out of last ?

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_2000 View Post

Doug
    As previously stated, "It is all luck"

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_2000 View Post

Doug
    I'm not sure...but there has been a lot of unexplainable phenomenon lately including earthquakes and volcanoes and stuff like that.

I'm not sure...but there has been a lot of unexplainable phenomenon lately including earthquakes and volcanoes and stuff like that.
    You better include "me being in first place" with the unexplainable.

I think Yahoo needs to rethink the format for their NASCAR Fantasy league to make it more competitive. I would suggest they use the current format of picking the roster, but allowing the top points drivers in each category to count. Saves folks from losing 100 points on an A driver that has a catastrophic failure during any given race and would keep the point spread much closer during the year.

Actually, we could do that on our own. Still would be limited to using any driver on the active roster only nine times and would have to keep up with our own point totals.

I think Yahoo needs to rethink the format for their NASCAR Fantasy league to make it more competitive. I would suggest they use the current format of picking the roster, but allowing the top points drivers in each category to count. Saves folks from losing 100 points on an A driver that has a catastrophic failure during any given race and would keep the point spread much closer during the year.

Actually, we could do that on our own. Still would be limited to using any driver on the active roster only nine times and would have to keep up with our own point totals.
    You got my vote.

Way too much math for me.

Qualifying

Went today and man do those Hendrick cars sound sweet. They sound different from all the other cars on the track...more like an Indy car.
    Last edited by Sixpipes; 04-16-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Went today and man do those Hendricks cars sound sweet. They sound different from all the other cars on the track...more like an Indy car.
    I am watching qualifying on the DVR now and I thought that I heard that too.
    Wish I could have gone today as I always go to qualifying, I really enjoy Fridays.

Thread Information