Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Dirty Dog

Made the trip to pick up the replacement bed last night. Only one small issue on the way home, but it will be a easy fix. So this morning we started to get the bolts loose. Back two by the tail gate were easy. The others on the other hand are giving us issues. But the other issue that got us today is I looked under the truck and saw some dripping. Come to smell it and find out it was brake fluid. Well got to looking the steel brake line had a lot of rust on it and broke from the vibration from us running the impact gun. But soon the truck will be back on the road with a white primed outer side bed,red on the inside and a gray roll pan. But who cares, once the project is done it will be all worth the hard work.

Small issue

Little Update

We got the bed off today after a little more work. Now to fix the following

Broken Brake Line
    Replace Rear Shocks
    Drop Front Gas tank
    Replace Fuel Filter
    Prime the Frame
    Replace Busted Leaf support bracket
    Put new bed back on along with new rear roll pan and tail gate

Today's Progress

Little more progress today. Got a few coats of primer on the frame and got the rear shocks replaced and put some new bolts on the bottom of the shocks along with new washers and nuts. Up next is to fix the brake line and drop Front Gas tank and cap the lines. Replace Fuel Filter and put the bed back on. Going to go with new bolts since we destroyed a few of the original ones out. After that I need to get some primer on the Roll pan and get it ready to be installed once the bed goes back on.

nice progress..

Dana

Participating User
    Some nice progress already from the pics you posted. My Gen1 is looking like your new bed, sanded, body work done, and almost ready for paint. I am planning to try painted it myself with help from some painter friends this summer. I have been gathering parts also, as well as paint and body working tools to complete the needed work. Working on a budget make you find ways to improvise. Good luck on the project. Hope to see additional pics as it comes along.

Well we got the new shocks installed, fixed the broken brake line. Only thing left to do is drop the front Gas tank and cap the lines,replace the fuel filter and put the bed back on. Install the Roll pan and the truck will be ready for the road again.

Well we got the fuel tank dropped and lines capped. Just need to change the fuel filter and get some bolts for the bed to go on along with the roll pan.

Bed Swap Done

Bed swap is done. We did rear shocks,new brake line,dropped front leaking Gas tank and capped the lines,new fuel filter, primmer on the Frame and roll pan. New tag light housing also. Now for a few pictures. Sorry if they are a little off, took them with the phone. The better ones will be downloaded later on. Also we went back with new bolts and not factory ones. They are the right length and will be easier to get out when it gets pulled for paint.

Did you buy truck running or did you have to get it going also. Nice Job BTW!

Quote Originally Posted by RSVT View Post
    Did you buy truck running or did you have to get it going also. Nice Job BTW!

The truck was running when I got it, but all the stuff I did was for the good as it was just lacking some major up keep.

Here are a few better non cell phone Pictures of the Bed swap after completion.

Looking good Tyson.

Thanks John, next stuff to get swapped out will be the front fenders. Just got to figure out what color primer for them LOL.

Nice work Tyson.

Thread Information