great work.. very nice

Dana
    Thanks

You both coming up for Lfest?

Quote Originally Posted by FRDRCING View Post
    Thanks

You both coming up for Lfest?
    absolutely.

Well the replacement interior door handles I got up at work, the drivers side broke after two weeks then got it replaced and it broke the next day. So stay away from the interior door handles for the Gen. 1's at autozone. They are cheaply made. Better ones are from LMC from what I am told. I put the old faded one back on till I find time to go and look at the ones from LMC in person.

I haven't updated the thread in a while, but haven't done much to the truck as of late. But what has been done is Painted the wheels Black,New Radio,got another stock wheel(Thanks Stevo) for a spare. The truck is no longer a Daily Driver. I picked up a 99 Explorer 5.0 AWD for daily driving and it will be needed in the winter time here. I plan to pull the New radio out of the Dirty Dog and put it into the Explorer. Latest purchase's for the Dirty Dog include 04 wheels and the leaf spring brackets. Plans are to get the fenders,leaf spring brackets,Radiator Core Support and radius arm bracket replaced this winter. Then I can focus on the Cab and Cab corners when the weather warms up and I can take it to my brother's shop and have him help with that part.

93 Ford Lightning #1618
    AKA Project Dirty Dog
    99 Ford Explorer AWD 5.0 Power Plant

RIP Maggie Moo Moo

Tyson, its starting to take shape and its a labor of love..

Keep at it young man..

Dana

TALON Supporting Member Flats Man's Avatar
    Nice job on the truck so far! Just a heads up on the radiator core support, you can leave the A/C hooked up and still replace the cores. I will try to post a little more on your thread because I know how improtant and how much fun it is to get a little feed back. dboat is really good about encouraging us! lol

TALON Supporting Member Flats Man's Avatar
    How about a New Years update.

Well I got a new gun for my Sandblaster kit. Bad news is my Air Compressor does not flow enough SCFM to support the gun. Well I got a few friends with the right compressor. So I am going to get with one of them tomorrow and see about blasting my brackets. Then we are going to build a device to sit the bed on while we have it off to swap out the brackets. Hopefully in the next few weeks we can get started on that. Been a while since we did any work on it and I'm ready to work on it again. Only thing left rust repair wise is the Fenders and radiator Core support,cab corners and rocker panels. Got the cab corners and rocker panels in the basement. But the cab needs some work from a few good size dents to be taken out.

Update

Got supplies to build a stand for the bed, lug nuts for Gen. 2 wheels showed up yesterday. Making a trip to LMC truck to pick up the mounting hardware for the rear leaf spring brackets. Saturday is when we plan to pull the bed. Should take a few weeks to get the brackets swapped out with my work schedule.

Well I got of work early today, so I went up to LMC and picked up the hardware. Going to replace the leaf spring U-bolts, but not sure witch one's I need. One is for Progressive Springs and a one is without Progressive Springs. So I am just going to get them off and run up there and compare them to a set of each.

Little update

Little update as of late. Going to do a Cab swap as the damage mine has is going to cost way more than the one I got for it. I have got
    Only the dash,doors,steering column,hood,fenders, and a few more things under the hood to take off the firewall. Got the seats and all the interior down in the basement out of the way for now.

Dang, that's a lot of work.

wow, that is a lot of work. but good luck on it..

Dana

Yeah its a lot of work, but it is going to save a bunch of money at the body shop. Will be putting new fenders on at the same time since mine are shot.

Well I got a nice Update. The Cab is not worth Fixing and going to have to swap it out. So we are just about ready to swap it out. So since the fenders need to come off to pull the cab. We are going to replace them with new ones when it goes back together. Right now it sits with no fenders,grill, headlights,hood,wiper motor and wiper arms. Dash is out,doors came off today along with the gas and brake pedal and hood release cable. Only thing left is a few small things and the cab will be ready to be swapped. Probably the first weekend of August. We are also going to replace the Leaf spring brackets as well. The front ones were trashed.

Thread Information