Thread: porch on tollway

porch on tollway

Tonight I had a Rover club meeting in Addison and had a great trip up the tollway. After 121 it clears out. I let the lead out all the way to 70 (the posted speed limit).......

Needless to say the first warm evening windows down, V1 on, stereo cranked, and loving the whine of a turbo as I made my way through all 6.

Webmaster - Torque Fan Silver_2000's Avatar
    Just got back from a trip to Denton to see an old friend. Last time I took the Vette up there she has recently had surgery so the G forces were not appreciated. This time we took a trip down 35w to "see the sights" ... One sight she saw was 155 - Hwy 155 or rt 155 not sure which...

I'm not sure who the guy in the black chevy truck was but that thing wasn't stock...

The weather the last 2 days has been so nice Ive already sunburned the bald spot... Thats always a sure sign of spring....
    Last edited by Silver_2000; 03-23-2010 at 11:38 PM.

The Joy of driving ahhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by ohmsby View Post
    the joy of driving ahhhhhh

+1

Never knew you could get through all 6 and still stay under the speed limit. Just proves you're never too old to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmsby View Post
    Tonight I had a Rover club meeting in Addison and had a great trip up the tollway. After 121 it clears out. I let the lead out all the way to 70 (the posted speed limit).......

Needless to say the first warm evening windows down, V1 on, stereo cranked, and loving the whine of a turbo as I made my way through all 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_2000 View Post
    Just got back from a trip to Denton to see an old friend. Last time I took the Vette up there she has recently had surgery so the G forces were not appreciated. This time we took a trip down 35w to "see the sights" ... One sight she saw was 155 - Hwy 155 or rt 155 not sure which...

I'm not sure who the guy in the black chevy truck was but that thing wasn't stock...

The weather the last 2 days has been so nice Ive already sunburned the bald spot... Thats always a sure sign of spring....
    The Joy of driving ahhhhhh
    95 - G1
    Blown, Stroked & Juiced

Participating User
    That is a nice stretch there from 121 all the way to 380.

167 is the top speed in the GXP.....but I can't ever seem to get past 70 in 6th gear either.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeusSVT View Post
    167 is the top speed in the GXP.....but I can't ever seem to get past 70 in 6th gear either.
    funny how that works out...

Dana

I just use first six times......... I supposedly run out of gear around 190 ish but have never been that fast in anything on the road

Thread Information