Thread: Tile work - Need recommendation

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Webmaster - Torque Fan Silver_2000's Avatar

Tile work - Need recommendation

Have a bathroom tub that needs help - considering doing it myself but hav decided the oval stained glass window will be too much to master for a first timer

if you had good luck with a tile contractor let me know

Call NTT 817-999-1583 ask for Paunch if he is to busy let me know and I will give you #2

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmsby View Post
    Call NTT 817-999-1583 ask for Paunch if he is to busy let me know and I will give you #2
    Mark, you're always giving crap to someone...

Dana

Price's Custom Tile (Wylie). They have done numerous work in my rent houses and a lot of work in the home that I live in. I would trust them with any job, big or small, to be done right. 972-442-3960.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmsby View Post
    I called twice - first time was busy second time no answer and no message on the vm
    Didnt leave a message

Any other recommendations ? I wanted a quote for comparison

Most contractors charge about $3.75 per square foot, a buck or so more for inlays or special cuts/designs.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelemoine View Post
    Most contractors charge about $3.75 per square foot, a buck or so more for inlays or special cuts/designs.
    shower is 12 feet wide by 70 inched high which = about 65 sq ft = $235 dollars

Wow thats less than a 3rd the quote I recieved

I know the tile and mortar would cost ME $200 at lowes - add ceement board and blue board and it still doesnt equal 700 ... Time for another quote

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_2000 View Post
    shower is 12 feet wide by 70 inched high which = about 65 sq ft = $235 dollars

Wow thats less than a 3rd the quote I recieved

I know the tile and mortar would cost ME $200 at lowes - add ceement board and blue board and it still doesnt equal 700 ... Time for another quote
    Sorry I wasn't more clear Doug, the $3.75 is just for labor! With materials and possibly a trip charge added in (since you're doing a smaller area) that isn't too outrageous if they include supplies. If you can find a handyman or tile guy that does side work, they can probably do it a lot cheaper since they have no overhead. In your part of Texico there should be an abundance of tile guys looking for work. I used to ask the guys who come to the office to repair stuff about doing side work for me, got some great deals on drywall, tile, etc. Might check with your office manager to see who they use or if they have anyone coming in to do maintenance so you can hit them up.

It sounds like your contractor was quoting you a fair list price, you might just see if you can negotiate them down a little (10% or so is reasonable). Don't squeeze too hard as you don't want your contractor giving you cheap work.

Thread Information