Thread: HRE Wheel Barrels Polished to a Mirror Finish...

Participating User

HRE Wheel Barrels Polished to a Mirror Finish...

Good evening everyone,

For anyone interested we just finished up polishing these HRE wheel barrels and I have a couple photos below for everyones viewing. The customer should have photos to me once everything is mounted on the car and at that point I can update the thread with those photos. The BEFORE photo is actually what the surface looked like when I received the barrels even though that is the back of the barrel...the customer couldn't find the front photos for whatever reason. The wheels were powdercoated and aircraft stripped which left everything very pitted and in horrible shape to say the least!

For more Metal Polishing Photos and Info visit the website: Click for Metal Polishing Photos, Information, etc

HRE Wheel Barrel BEFORE Metal Polishing Services...this is actually what the surface looked like when we received the barrels even though this is the other side of the barrel

HRE Wheel Barrel AFTER Metal Polishing Services

Last edited by TT_6SPD_95; 03-20-2009 at 03:02 AM.

that really looks nice.. good job..

Dana

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar
    The before pic is the inside of the bead, the after pics are of the outside of the bead. Of course the inside of a wheel will look nasty. Those are not true before and after pics IMO...

Here is the lip and center of my HRE's BEFORE Metal Polishing Serivce.

All together.

Participating User
    Quote Originally Posted by L8 APEX View Post
    The before pic is the inside of the bead, the after pics are of the outside of the bead. Of course the inside of a wheel will look nasty. Those are not true before and after pics IMO...

Here is the lip and center of my HRE's BEFORE Metal Polishing Serivce.

All together.

The only before photo that the customer had was the one I have above...for whatever reason he couldn't find the front photos. Either way these barrels were powdercoated and aircraft stripped which left a really nasty mess and the surface of the front AND back of the wheel looked exactly the same, so the surface area did look just like the back when we received the wheels.

Sorry for the confusion on this.

Thanks

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar
    No biggie, It just seemed a little shady posting a pic of the back side before and the front side after. I can't believe someone would destroy a set of HRE's like that. Most HRE owners are very respectful of their wheels...

Most HRE owners are very respectful of their wheels...
    I am, however, I might need your help widening the rears a bit..

Participating User
    No biggie, It just seemed a little shady posting a pic of the back side before and the front side after. I can't believe someone would destroy a set of HRE's like that. Most HRE owners are very respectful of their wheels...

No problem...I can see how someone on this forum would think that since they do not really know my polishing business very well and I should have looked at that closer before I posted that on this forum.

For everyone that does know my polishing business very well they know that on my website I have hundreds of other metal polishing photos including before and after photos which show the quality of our metal polishing service such as this before and after photo located on the front page of the website:

Before photo of Pontiac CV-1 Intake Manifold

After photo of Pontiac CV-1 Intake Manifold

Participating User
    Being an HRE owner myself I most definitely understand the respecting the wheels comment especially after giving over $5K for a set of wheels! Seeing these HRE barrels made me They were in absolute horrible shape...front and rear looked exactly the same too! It was a sad sight to say the least.

Oh well...the customer is happy now and that is all that matters.

Thanks

Participating User
    Good morning Everyone,
    I just wanted to update this thread with a couple finished photos. The customer had to get the centers powdercoated and he now has the wheels back together. Here are the HRE barrels now mounted on the car with the powdercoated centers:

HRE Wheel Barrel AFTER Metal Polishing Services[/URL]

Thread Information