Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3rdCoastLightings is up and running

Participating User

3rdCoastLightings is up and running

Hey guys this site is up. Still got a lot of work to do but with everyone’s help we'll get er'....The purpose of this site is not to pose a threat to any of our great national or other state sites (NLOC, SVT, or TALON) BUT to join our Lightning brothers within the 3rd coast. This will give us opportunities to have more frequent dyno days, track rentals, supporting vendor tuning sessions, meet and greets, ect........Come check it out guys, bare with us, and support the site.....Also this site is not limited to only 3rd coast states. Everyone is welcome. Thanks for your time and constructive input.

Site Administrator/Founder
    Kris

www.3rdCoastLightnings.com

Participating User
    and if who ever designed/created this awesome place would pm me id greatly appreciate it. I love this layout! TALON is a great place and we are looking forward to hanging out with all of yall

Webmaster - Torque Fan Silver_2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02TrueBlu View Post
    and if who ever designed/created this awesome place would pm me id greatly appreciate it. I love this layout! TALON is a great place and we are looking forward to hanging out with all of yall
    the club is very much a team effort ... With regard to the website, it is also a team effort, Im likely the wrangler of that team

How can I help ?

if you are talking about the 3rd coast, I guess you mean Houston ? Have you checked out the Houston CLub site ? HALOClub.com

Participating User
    when we refer to the third coast we are speaking of the Gulf Coast. Every Lightning owner from Texas to Florida. Ive been on HALO a time or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_2000 View Post
    the club is very much a team effort ... With regard to the website, it is also a team effort, Im likely the wrangler of that team

How can I help ?

if you are talking about the 3rd coast, I guess you mean Houston ? Have you checked out the Houston CLub site ? HALOClub.com

when we refer to the third coast we are speaking of the Gulf Coast. Every Lightning owner from Texas to Florida. Ive been on HALO a time or two.
    Kris

I hope that you understand, that the financial viability of a site these days is dependent on the number of eyes that see it, and the time they spend. That impacts posts and content and also impacts ad revenue. Many of your recent posts have focused on drawing eyes away from this site or perhaps drawing racers away from events here. In essence you are using my advertising dollars to promote your site... Keep that in mind.

Thanks
    Doug

Participating User
    Not at all.... I really apologize that you feel that I am trying to steal traffic away from you. That is in no way what is going on here. Quite honestly I could care less about money when it comes to things like this. I DEFINTALY did not start that site to make money in any manner or fashion. And will probably never make any money off of it.... It almost sounds as if you are trying to make money and I am the one stealing it out of your pocket (which is not the case at all) This is not a diret attack to you or any member/sponser of this site. We are just trying to open up the community. Quite honestly this could have been handled via PM but we can keep it public. I really appreiciate you concerns on your site content and ad revenue. I even GAVE money ( i think it was 10 bucks) to you for no reason.... I thought i was supporting the site... but sounds as if it was supporting you. Like stated above this was not intended to be a pissing contest one bit... Just throwing this out there... I even noticed you had a section for stuff like this after I posted it.... If a moderator could so kindly move it to that section it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot for this GREAT community guys!

Kris
    3rdCoastLightnings.com

Kris

I hope that you understand, that the financial viability of a site these days is dependent on the number of eyes that see it, and the time they spend. That impacts posts and content and also impacts ad revenue. Many of your recent posts have focused on drawing eyes away from this site or perhaps drawing racers away from events here. In essence you are using my advertising dollars to promote your site... Keep that in mind.

Thanks
    Doug

Not at all.... I really apologize that you feel that I am trying to steal traffic away from you. That is in no way what is going on here. Quite honestly I could care less about money when it comes to things like this. I DEFINTALY did not start that site to make money in any manner or fashion. And will probably never make any money off of it.... It almost sounds as if you are trying to make money and I am the one stealing it out of your pocket (which is not the case at all) This is not a diret attack to you or any member/sponser of this site. We are just trying to open up the community. Quite honestly this could have been handled via PM but we can keep it public. I really appreiciate you concerns on your site content and ad revenue. I even GAVE money ( i think it was 10 bucks) to you for no reason.... I thought i was supporting the site... but sounds as if it was supporting you. Like stated above this was not intended to be a pissing contest one bit... Just throwing this out there... I even noticed you had a section for stuff like this after I posted it.... If a moderator could so kindly move it to that section it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot for this GREAT community guys!

Kris
    3rdCoastLightnings.com
    for the first few years I paid for the site out of my pocket
    In the past few years it makes enough $ to pay its own way as far as server space and bandwidth - It will never be a source of profit. I have over 40 sites on the server and the entire server doesn't begin to compensate me for the time invested .. I make $75 an hour for similar work .. At that rate Im in the hole about a Million ...

You are entitled to your opinion but supporting membership is supporting the site, its your realization that server hardware, electricity and bandwidth is not free, it pays for the software, sometimes for trophies, often for food at Lightning the Fall Classic.

To be sure that you don't have buyers remorse i have refunded your supporting membership ..

Leave my user title alone 03LightningRocks's Avatar
    SNIP>>>>>>>>

To be sure that you don't have buyers remorse i have refunded your supporting membership ..

That is what I call customer service. Can I have a refund for the past 5 years?

Participating User
    LOL, if you say so... It was a good deal that he refunded the money, the cause wasnt justified though.

-------------------ANYWAYS--------------------

The two of us have taken all matters to pm's and I feel everything was resolved between the two of us. He had many valid points as I did to. Yes the two of us each had chips on our shoulders and were throwing low blows at one another. THAT IS BEHIND US NOW.

Just wanted to let yall know that EVERYONE on here is more than welcome on 3rdCoastLightnings.com as I will inform EVERY member on 3rdCoastLightnings.com about events and gatherings yall have going on. Even though I am not a frequent poster I (was) a supporting member and plan on being involved in your events as I hope yall will try and be involved with ours. I sincerely apologize to each and every member on here as well as the admin. for any confusion that may have been caused. We are not trying to compete, just trying to grow the community more than it already is. Hope to see yall over there.

Kris
    Admin/Founder
    3rdCoastLightnings.com

p.s. Thanks for moving this for me.

Quote Originally Posted by 03LightningRocks View Post

Ill refund any unused Supporting fees... I didnt refund his money as a way to tell him to shove off... Just wanted it to be clear that we only want donations from people who are 100% sure they want to... If you still want to you are welcome to resubscribe ... I just didnt want there to be any confusion ... Its $0.002739726027397260273972602739726 per day... Im happy to refund it if you dont think its a value add...

Leave my user title alone 03LightningRocks's Avatar
    So, does this mean that you aren't going to be sending me 50 bucks?

ur web site turned out pretty good...conrats on ur site

on its way ...

You are *such* a chiseler...

Participating User
    Quote Originally Posted by RSVT View Post
    ur web site turned out pretty good...conrats on ur site

Thanks... Like i said it definatly turned out better than we thought...

Thread Information