Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Universal remote

Leave my user title alone 03LightningRocks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dboat View Post
    Ok, I am intrigued, so I went out there and downloaded the Logitech software, registered, and then went to do the install.. Well, since I dont have a device, I am stalled in the water.. dang it.. I didnt see the 520 on the website either.. was it another 5xx model? anyway, I needs to know if the Bang and Olufsen will work with it.. even it if doesnt (and I am betting that it wont, its odd stuff) that I may go with this anyway just to eliminate the clutter down to two remotes..

Dana
    Admit it Dana. You want to be just like me. I buy Crown C16 from a web sight....you buy Crown C16 from a web sight. I buy a remote...you buy a remote.

By the way...the info I found on the 520 says that it is the low end Walmart model. I think it is discontinued. Which ever model you choose, put the Model number and name in a Google search and you will find a big difference in prices. The one I just bought was almost 100 dollars more on the sight Doug posted a link to. I know Doug didn't post the link as a rec. on where to buy, but I thought it might be a good idea to point this out to you....

Feel the luv...Dana.

Quote Originally Posted by 03LightningRocks View Post
    Admit it Dana. You want to be just like me. I buy Crown C16 from a web sight....you buy Crown C16 from a web sight. I buy a remote...you buy a remote.

By the way...the info I found on the 520 says that it is the low end Walmart model. I think it is discontinued. Which ever model you choose, put the Model number and name in a Google search and you will find a big difference in prices. The one I just bought was almost 100 dollars more on the sight Doug posted a link to. I know Doug didn't post the link as a rec. on where to buy, but I thought it might be a good idea to point this out to you....

Feel the luv...Dana.
    Rocks baby, I am feeeeellllling the love right now!!

I did buy my Crown16 locally though.. I told you this town can really drink everywhere else I have lived under the table... I havent bought the remote yet, but I was buying it to emulate Doug and not you
    But here is one for you.. you be wanting to have the wife that digs motorsports and travels to events like mine does...

Dana

But here is one for you.. you be wanting to have the wife that digs motorsports and travels to events like mine does...

Dana

LOL...being single, I can have the wife that does all that. Then I send her back home to the husband who has to pay all her bills.....

Participating User
    You guys are killing me. I have like three guys leaning over my shoulder at work wondering what the hell I am laughing at.

LOL...being single, I can have the wife that does all that. Then I send her back home to the husband who has to pay all her bills.....
    thankfully, you arent talking about mine but rather that time you and :ron: wife hooked up..

Dana

besides my wife drank you under the table that night...

thankfully, you arent talking about mine but rather that time you and :ron: wife hooked up..
    OK...you win. I think I just puked in my mouth.

TALON Supporting Member L8 APEX's Avatar
    OH snap! Dana dropped the great white Yeti card on you, ROcks=OWNED!

OK...you win. I think I just puked in my mouth.
    I almost just wet myself....

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by L8 APEX View Post
    OH snap! Dana dropped the great white Yeti card on you, ROcks=OWNED!
    Oh sh!t....stop now...I be hurting big time...Damn you...damn you all to hell....

THE GREAT WHITE YETI CARD!!!!!!!!!!

We need a smiley for that....

Received my new Harmony remote. Doug is right. This thing rocks. The only item it won't control is my Bose Surround, but now I finally know why. The bose is radio frequency controlled and IR controllers won't work with it. I have had this system for 7 years and just learned that...thanks to the Harmony. The damn thing is so good, it even learned me something....

Thanks for the heads up on this one. It was a pleasure to put all those remotes in a drawer. Now I have to figure out what to do with the 25 or so double A batteries I no longer need.

Received my new Harmony remote. Doug is right. This thing rocks. The only item it won't control is my Bose Surround, but now I finally know why. The bose is radio frequency controlled and IR controllers won't work with it. I have had this system for 7 years and just learned that...thanks to the Harmony. The damn thing is so good, it even learned me something....

Thanks for the heads up on this one. It was a pleasure to put all those remotes in a drawer. Now I have to figure out what to do with the 25 or so double A batteries I no longer need.
    Rocks, drop me a link as to where you got it..

Thanks

TALON Supporting Member SILVER2000SVT's Avatar

FYI...The upper end models of the Harmony remote control RF in addition to IR.

my mom just got this one, its the easiest remote i have ever operated

Quote Originally Posted by SILVER2000SVT View Post
    FYI...The upper end models of the Harmony remote control RF in addition to IR.

That sucks to know. I bought the Harmony 880. I am afraid to look, but with my luck the next model up probably would have been RF. I already opened this one and threw out the packaging....they aren't going to want to trade me out.

Oh Snap...Idea!!!!!!! Dana...buy mine so I can get the next model up. I'll only mark it up 10% since we are friends.

Participating User BC Lightning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffo60 View Post
    my mom just got this one, its the easiest remote i have ever operated

have the same one in the Theater room

Thread Information