PDA

View Full Version : Rattling Pieces

ChronicReign
11-14-2005, 01:02 PM
I am having trouble keeping some of my plastic pieces from rattling on my truck. The first is the little plastic elbow that sits in the corner of the window. (see pic) It seems to be loose, and when wind catches in it I get a buzzing sound. I had this same problem with my old V6 F150 and the dealership "fixed" it a dozen times, but the problem kept coming back. You guys have any idea how to secure this piece?

My other rattle comes from the inside door panel. It seems the piece down by the speaker buzzes at certain RPMs. The plastic is just vibrating agaist the metal of the truck. Once again, anyone have any idea how to secure this down?

Here is the pic of the little plastic piece.

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Window.jpg

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Sixpipes
11-14-2005, 07:03 PM
You can pry the corner piece up enough to squirt a little black silicone in there and that will take car of it. Silicone will take care of the other problem too. It's a pain to take the door panel off, but you aren't likely to fix the rattle without removing it. :cool:

PoorSvtman
11-14-2005, 07:09 PM
the door panel is a breeze to take off. For the outside part, just put some black sillicone on there and put a peice of tape over it to hold it down while it dries.