PDA

View Full Version : Mod friendly dealer?

CEB
04-11-2002, 08:24 PM
I've been a Lightning owner since 8/01. Before that it was a 98 C5 6-speed and 99 Trans AM 6-speed. I love the Lightning, but in stock form it doesn't feel as quick as either of the previous vehicles. I want more! I know everyone says the chip is the best bang for the buck, but are there any mod friendly dealer in the DFW area that won't void your warranty? Don't have to list names just a simple yes or no. However, feel free to email me if you like. Any information will be appreciated.

Red2002
04-11-2002, 10:00 PM
Hi there. You must live within earshot of myself. I live in Corinth right off of 2181. Do you have a white '01? We may have spoken before.

Anyway there are a few mod friendly dealers. I think the consesus is {removed to protect dealer-Send an email to find out who...Doug}. From what I've heard they do quality work and will do anything within their power to help you out on warranty claims. Good luck.

CEB
04-11-2002, 10:26 PM
RED02SVTL...I have a silver lightning. I live at Lakeview at Hickory Creek....the relatively new devlopment on the west side of 35 just north of the lake and south of Rave. Thanks for the info.

L8 APEX
04-11-2002, 11:10 PM
Yeah what he said, or didn't say;) I tuned the sales manager's L over there and he is very happy with the results :tu: I request one mechanic touch my truck and one service writer to contact. A monetary tip for their trouble is always in order though, I know it can be more difficlut dealing with customized trucks:cool:

Silver_2000
04-11-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Red02SVTL
Hi there. You must live within earshot of myself. I live in Corinth right off of 2181. Do you have a white '01? We may have spoken before.

Anyway there are a few mod friendly dealers. I think the consesus is {removed to protect dealer-Send an email to find out who...Doug}. From what I've heard they do quality work and will do anything within their power to help you out on warranty claims. Good luck.

Red

I edited your post - Hope you understand why...

Ford domains are ferquently in the top of the domain list on the webites server logs... So I know someone there is watching... Maybe it is just lightning fans but maybe not...

Doug

Red2002
04-12-2002, 12:06 AM
Doug, it's cool. I had a brief moment of reluctance to post up 'who', but ignorance reigns supreme. :D

My bad....
:nono:

CEB, don't wanna get my sheeyot jacked, but I live real close to the Albertson's in Corinth. ;)

Lemme know if you wanna cruise down to the TALON meets together sometime.

CEB
04-12-2002, 03:39 PM
Red02SVTL, I might have seen your truck at Albertson's one time or another. I've been meaning to get to one of those meetings, but haven't done it yet. Maybe we'll hookup for one soon.

devildog92
04-13-2002, 09:57 PM
I am interested to find out this dealer as well. I am wanting to do some 'enhancements' to my new truck, so any help you can give would be great. Thx!

MadMax
04-14-2002, 11:26 PM
Doug, Good Idea!! :D I have a dealer who is mod friendly. They do not look for cleaned PCM contacts. This is my conception of mod friendly. :D Runnin' in their with a 10 pound pulley is NOT my ideal of mod friendly..get my drift??? :nono:

Doug, I should pass the word to you if you do not already know (dealership name) ...one mechanix dude there has R&R'd over 25 Lightning motors...and guess what...broken rods...tips of sparkplugs all over smithareens..etc :D

currently I have no chip/pulley..but I do get a warm fuzzy knowing that soon I can be rest assured...IMHO :tu: