PDA

View Full Version : Dynamat that stuff

L8 APEX
11-03-2005, 11:53 AM
I found out the supercab F250 back walls were bare metal behind the seat. I guess Ford saved a couple bucks by not carpeting it like the rest of the truck. When I added the 4" system I was hearing it through the back wall. So I dynamated the whole thing and it was back to quiet. I am very impressed with the overall interior quietness of stock design. It is a dozen times quieter than a Lightning.
I ordered two more dynamat kits for anyone who wants to hear less noise:tu: .
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6072/medium/CIMG3234.JPG

True Blue Aggie
11-03-2005, 04:54 PM
how much is it to dynamat the lightning? And how long does the work usually take?

Silver_2000
11-06-2005, 06:39 AM
how much is it to dynamat the lightning? And how long does the work usually take?

Good question
I need to dynamat the floor and some other areas - I already did the back wall and the doors

Doug

dboat
11-06-2005, 08:08 AM
I just had mine done by Terry when I dropped off the truck a couple of months ago... nice mod.. really helps with the noise and the heat..
Dana

L8 APEX
11-06-2005, 11:03 AM
It depends if you want full coverage or just a few spots. I would like to experiment and try to silence a Lightning cab with a few ideas of my own. It takes about 200 bucks worth of dynamat and 180 in labor to remove the interior and geat gun and roll the mat into place. Then about 20 bucks in new fasteners and clips to put it back together.
The new ideas I have would be about 200 bucks installed.