PDA

View Full Version : 6 Oh tuner shootout

L8 APEX
11-02-2005, 11:30 AM
Interesting graphs and reading.
http://www.thedieselstop.com/downloads/6LShootoutReport.pdf

This is why I turn the EGR off. It does nothing but puke coolant and cause problems.

ATS Diesel Excalibrator 2 SCT tune which caused the truck to (a) spew coolant from its coolant reservoir. ATS thought that the coolant loss was
due to high EGT’s (heat flash in the EGR cooler) rather than high cylinder pressures.

L8 APEX
11-02-2005, 11:36 AM
More excerpts:

SCT takes the lead the rest of the way, posting an all out best HP of
417.5HP comparing to the stock best of 278.9HP, or a gain of 138.6HP over stock. Torque gained 250 ft lbs for a total of 702.6 ft lbs.

Moonshine
11-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Interesting read, but I have a couple of questions;

1. Guess I'm ignorant, but I thought SCT was SuperChips Technology, i.e. one and the same. No? Which is it you use?
2. Why didn't they test the Banks?

Silver_2000
11-02-2005, 06:09 PM
Interesting read, but I have a couple of questions;

1. Guess I'm ignorant, but I thought SCT was SuperChips Technology, i.e. one and the same. No? Which is it you use?
2. Why didn't they test the Banks?

SCT is superchips custom tuning
A separate company from superchips
They have some relationship though

Doug

L8 APEX
11-02-2005, 11:41 PM
Nobody contacted Banks I reckon. SCT is a stepchild of Superchips. It was intentionally kept seperate from Superchips Inc. for liability reasons and SCT has crossed lines and reverse engineered a LOT of Detroits software and Superchips did not want to go down with them if it went to court. The first blue tuners were Superchips hardware in the form of Microtuners or SCT 9100's. After that SUprechips wanted to revise the 9100 packed with warnings and such so SCT has made thier own devices ever since. SCT started exceeding all expectations and taking money from Superchips Inc. bottom line. So SCT has dropped the Superchips Custom Tune and goes by SCT Flash now. They have really gone their own way and are making leaps and bounds in the aftermarket tuning industry.