PDA

View Full Version : Fiiinally!!!!

02BOLT
10-22-2005, 11:45 PM
After a fricking year of thinking my truck was this incorrigable, untunable, freak of G1 nature, it turns out.......after all this time......that she just needed the correct software.

It's a long story I won't go into now, but it turns out that SCT does have the software to make her run and shift RIGHT! We just have a base file in her right now, but she's shifting out at 5500rpm(as opposed to 4800), with conservative timing and a lot of fuel until we can get her on the dyno later this week to really fine tune, and get her where she needs to be in terms of part throttle and WOT spark and fuel tables, as well as converter lock-up, and shift points. We've just got her shifts set at 5500 right now so as not to lean her out too much......but MAN DOES SHE PULL!!!

Now, on the 1-2 upshift, and the 2-3, it catapults into the next gear as opposed to falling flat on her face, especially on the 2-3. It's already like a different animal. I'd been saying it was like driving a caged animal.....well, the animal is FINALLY out of her cage!(so to speak:rolleyes: ) And I couldn't be more excited!knana

I cannot wait to get her dialed in and to the track. She ran an 8.9 at 77mph at Kennedale last week shifting a full 500 rpm early, which is the same E.T. my G2 ran stock w/ a Cold air and T-body(the G2 trapped at 79mph). So with a tune and traction, I'm hoping she'll get into the mid 8's in the 1/8, and mid-low 13's in the 1/4, which wouldn't be too bad for a N/A 351. Just thought a few of you might like to know.

StormShadow
10-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Dang Rob thats awesome! I'm glad you got it all worked out.

Sixpipes
10-22-2005, 11:55 PM
Great news Rob. Glad to see things are finally working out for you. :tu:

slick-svt
10-23-2005, 12:06 AM
If you go back to kennedale, Id like to check it out

Alpine
10-23-2005, 09:01 AM

jcblack
10-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Not to steal any glory from you, but I finsally got my problem worked out also. Well, Jeff and I got it worked out. Lets just leave it at that because it was aStupid mistake. Everytime that I have raced at the track in the past, I have never had WOT. But now I do. I guess that we are both happy as a puppy with two peters.

Alpine
10-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Are You going to line them up again at Kennedale?? :evil

jcblack
10-23-2005, 09:21 AM
Are you going to line them up again at Kennedale?? :evil

Oh Yeah:throw:

tiffo60
10-23-2005, 02:17 PM
thats awsome robknana , definitley hit me up when you go back to they track

02BOLT
10-23-2005, 03:53 PM
Oh Yeah:throw:
Grats on getting your business running right bro!:tu: That being said....

....You and me baby! It's on like neck bone! 'Sup.....Where ya at?!?

Oh well, I just checked Kennedale's website, and they're closed today due to the weather.:bs Reckon we'll have to wait til next week or so. You best not be taking any naps at the light this time either homerlein! I don't wanna hear no stinking excuses! BTW...I'm packing the slicks this time foo-sucka.:d

Rob's G1:1 -vs- Bad Jake's G2:0......to be continued...Best 2 outta 3:beer:

Flats Man
10-23-2005, 04:01 PM
Hey Rob, Congrats on the tuning issues! Give me some more info on the SCT software. Who has it for the Gen 1 and who helped you get the Demons out of your truck! I know the shift points were killing you at Lightning Fest but you still ran some pretty good times.

Alpine
10-23-2005, 04:28 PM

Oh well, I just checked Kennedale's website, and they're closed today due to the weather.:bs Reckon we'll have to wait til next week or so. You best not be taking any naps at the light this time either homerlein! I don't wanna hear no stinking excuses! BTW...I'm packing the slicks this time foo-sucka.:d

Rob's G1:1 -vs- Bad Jake's G2:0......to be continued...Best 2 outta 3:beer:"I'm your Huckleberry" :evil

Shiner1
10-23-2005, 04:32 PM
:D :beer: :tu:

jcblack
10-23-2005, 05:53 PM

Rob's G1:1 -vs- Bad Jake's G2:0......to be continued...Best 2 outta 3:beer:

Dont forget to let everyone know about the bad advise I was given. "Just clean the wheels, you dont need to do a burnout". It had been so long since I had raced my truck in stock form that I forgot what I needed to do to make it flow right. Jeff, mod time on Saturday. You know that I got the drag radials on. .000 light here I come. I'm ready foo-sucka.:beer:

StormShadow
10-23-2005, 06:16 PM
What kinda numbers are we talkin here?

Alpine
10-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Adam, Rob here, I'm over at Jeffrey's...

What kind of numbers would you be refferring to?

Jake, first of all...you don't listen too good Cool Breeze. I told you to clean off your TIRES. Your wheels were plenty shiny.;) Furthermore, you're running on 305mm Drag Radials, while the ole farm truck's running on 275mm street radials, and you think you had traction issues? You better practice bro!:D

Win or lose, This'll be fun.:nana2

StormShadow
10-23-2005, 07:10 PM
My mustang threw down some mid 8's before she went kaput. Terry should have it back together this week. So once its broke in your'e goin down

Alpine
10-23-2005, 07:11 PM
Hey Rob, Jake said he was late coming around the corner from the staging lanes and mentioned something about your lane and VHT. There was also something about the exchange of 20 bucks for some water in Jakes lane???? Is that true?/ That might explain the tire theory and traction issues.:d

Alpine
10-23-2005, 07:13 PM
My mustang threw down some mid 8's before she went kaput. Terry should have it back together this week. So once its broke in your'e goin downDang Rob, ever feel like everybody is ganging up on you?? I hope the old G1 puts the smack down on em'. :rolleyes:

StormShadow
10-23-2005, 07:16 PM
Dang Rob, ever feel like everybody is ganging up on you?? I hope the old G1 puts the smack down on em'. :rolleyes:

Get Sum Jeffery!

jcblack
10-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Well looky here. Looks like we are going to have the under card bout of the Thogg vs Rocks race. I think that the tables might be turned on this one.
Gen1:throw: Gen2

Old School:throw:New School

Red Rocket:throw:The Reaper

N/A Built Motor:throw:S/C Stock Motor

90's:throw:2000's

When I Get To the end of the track, I'll still love Bad Rob, either way it goes

StormShadow
10-23-2005, 08:04 PM
Dang Rob, ever feel like everybody is ganging up on you?? I hope the old G1 puts the smack down on em'. :rolleyes:

BTW I never really ran mid 8's in the stang I was just messin with Rob. More like 9's :D

tiffo60
10-23-2005, 09:15 PM
steve you up for a rematch?:d

02BOLT
10-23-2005, 09:59 PM
When I Get To the end of the track, I'll still love Bad Rob, either way it goes

I know you will, cause I'll be waiting on you...:eek:

Oh yeah, one more little piece of advice.....take another nap on the starting line.:evil

Bad Adam, did you order your new motor yet? If so, I want details...

Lyfisin
10-24-2005, 06:54 AM
Grats on the progress Rob. I wasn't aware you were having any problems with it. Not like talking to me is going to learn you anything. :rll:

Brook
(no e no s)

99WhiteBeast
10-24-2005, 09:24 PM
steve you up for a rematch?:d

BRING IT:D