PDA

View Full Version : PR runs at SVT On Track

L8 APEX
09-29-2002, 09:10 PM
Man what a weekend! Thanks to Jacob and Melisa for getting up early and filming for half a day. And of course missing my run with the Cobra R:flaming: Rob and his dad in the cleanest red gen 1 in Texas. Steve and his enterage of volunteers were good company between runs. I was surprised to see Bill come out there mid day and pay to get out there and run with us good show:tu: Laurence got there just in time to see the PR track beast trade laps with the R:D Dennis came out just to keep the legend alive. I will try to get some pics and a video ready for a meeting sometime. I and many out there could not believe how well the sliver beast handled:eek2: I was out braking every car on track thanks to some late night brake ducts. Courtesy of Home Depot:d Man I am still fired up from the weekend's event's. Best Ontrack yet, we got at least 5 30 min sessions on all of the venues road course, auto cross, etc.. That Focus is a fun poker to drive around the roads.
Time for the NASCAR style thanks, LOL.: I would like to thank Stan (Ruslow) for the panard bar and QA1 shocks to keep me on the track along with Hotchkis springs/bars. Sal at PSP for an awesome chip that made excellent power and shifts while staying rich enough for 120mph road racing. Porterfield brake pads, Brembo high performance brakes, and Motul RBF 600 fluid for the awesome brakes that took a beating and never yielded to heat. Red Line water wetter and PR electric fan kit for keeping the engine cool. Hoosier for making a bad arse race tire that held up the the roughest of turning, braking, and acceleration with excellent wear.Home Depot for those great 4" aluminum brake ducts I bought and installed at 10pm Friday night before the race. Cervini's for the cowl hood that intimidated those about to be passed. Racing Graphics for the custom flaming stripes that set me apart from all the other silver Lightnings.

L8 APEX
09-29-2002, 09:40 PM
I just reviewed the video a whoping 13 minutes and it only had one warm up session, and some auto cross no passing or hot laps:crying: I am going to bed now:hammer: Here is a peek of the L with the new war paint and cowl hood. I think it added at least 50 HP:D
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/209-218-32509.jpg

jcblack
09-29-2002, 10:49 PM
I tried as hard as i could. There was you and steve and rob and robs dad and at one point three of you were going around the track and trying to get all of you was driving me crazy. :hammer: Just to let everyone know, the rumors are true, Terry was putting the smack down on the Cobra R. I did witness it, but didn't get it on film. The R was real. Good Job Terry. I think that after it was all over and the dude with the R realized that he could have saved twenty grand by buying a L and hooking it up he:vomit:

L8 APEX
09-29-2002, 10:56 PM
Screw Rob and his dad it was my video ;) Nah it is okay I guess hope my memory lasts a while. I got the instructor to take Steve's daughter around in my truck and he came back jumping and dancing in the parking lot about how well it handled. He was running 10mph faster than his Focus which was also tearing up the track with extreme cormnering speeds:burnout: The Focus can rail!!!

jcblack
09-30-2002, 09:35 PM
terry first things first, this is melissa not jacob typying this reply, its funny how you only said screw rob and his dad, its quite a coincidence that rob and his dad don't have computers :nono: we filmed steve too, why not screw steve, oh yeah cause he has a computer. (no offense to steve) WEll anyway i just had to give you a hard time about that because your always givin me a hard time. :twitch:

L8 APEX
09-30-2002, 10:51 PM
Hard time eh? How's about you get back to writing your paper. This is a forum for Lightning owners. Go pester someone on your Mitsubishi forum:d :banana:

Silver_2000
10-01-2002, 08:15 AM
Nice Work Terry.

Keeping the Mustang Guys afraid of the Lightnings. Last year we embarrased em pretty good and you have done a nice Follow up...

Doughttp://talon.svtlightnings.com/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

L8 APEX
10-01-2002, 08:31 AM
We'll see what they say in the SVT Enthusiast article about Lone Star OT. Everyone there recognized the power of the L when I tamed the Cobra R which was the big dog on the track before they bumped me to goup 4. We were in run group 4 which was track prepped cars and experienced drivers with schools behind them. We were passing cars in that run group about every third lap. It was cool because when they saw us coming they let us pass two at a time:tu: Too bad I was the only L in group 4:( My preparation over the last year definately paid off. The brakes made it all possible. The only thing better than 14" Brembo's is Brembo's with R4 race pads and 4" brake ducting:banana: I never got brake fade even diving into turn one near 120 and threashold braking for ten laps at a time. The Hoosier R3S03's worked wonderfully and had excellent wear! They were the same size and compound that the Cobra R was running. The whole 5 minutes of warmup lap video:mad: show the difference between mine and the stock L's. We got over 2 hours of track time! Great event, many Cobra's and Stangs will be scarred for life thanks to the silver beast:D

L8 APEX
10-01-2002, 08:35 AM
I griped at the DRP picture guys for a blurry background in the picture compared to last year. He said I must have been going faster because his equipment is set up the same:banana: I guess I can live with blurred pictures:tu:

99WhiteBeast
10-02-2002, 09:55 AM
My daughter after riding in Terry's truck said "Daddy why won't your truck go that fast?":hammer:

She said the trip around the track was better than any roller coaster at Six Flags.

Here's the view I had all day although this was as close as I ever was.Terry's A$$ (http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=33022&anum=2630)

L8 APEX
10-02-2002, 11:51 AM
LOL! I was worried you weren't going to move over a few times there to pass entering the straight. Thought I was going to have to ride the rumple strips around you:burnout: I had to pass that guy in the black L in a turn since he was so slow and dangerous:nono: It was a great time though, glad Sarah enjoyed the ride:tu: