PDA

View Full Version : Microtuner

dboat
09-05-2005, 08:26 AM
I have a Superchips Microtuner that I purchased from JDM a couple of years ago. I recently upgraded to SCT with my upgrades to a pulley, ported Eaton, etc...

This microtuner is set up for a stock truck or one with a filter. It will firm the shifting but not too much. I ran it for a couple of years without a problem. The plugs that just came out of my truck looked great. This is a plug and play operation that takes about 5 minutes to do. It will download your stock software and upload the program through the ALDL port. It really woke up my L and you can see some of the results in my gallery with the video that is there.
Asking $100 and I will pay the shipping.. this is for those that want to just try a simple mod to get more HP and Tq on the cheap..
btw, my L is a 2002.

Dana

L8 APEX
09-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Is it the Superchips 1715 tuner? If so I think it is good for all Ford gas v8 96-2002. It has both stock and 4# pulley tunes in it. It may be upgradeable through Superchips for the 03-04 trucks you would have to check with them first. These are excellent tuners that read and cleaer DTC's and are still $350 in Jegs and Summit I think...
Here is an ad I found.

(NEW) "MAX" Micro Tuner for the 1996-2002
Ford Pickup, SUV & Van All V8s & V10!
(except 2002 4.6L Ford Explorer or Mercury Mountaineer)

10% HP Gain & 13% More Torque

http://www.dieselpage.com/pics/schiptuner.gif

Superchips has combined the tuning of the Ford Gas Module program with the easy install method of the the "MAX" micro Tuners to form the second of their Ford Tuners, the new 1715 "MAX" Micro Tuner.

Tuning with the new Ford "MAX" Micro Tuner is very simple. Just plug it into the vehicle's ALDL diagnostic port under the dash, push a few buttons and recalibrate the vehicle's stock program in to a Superchips performance tune in just minutes.

This tuner does not just place a generic program in the vehicle. The 1715 interrogates the vehicle's computer to determine which stock calibration it has, then selects the exact Superchips calibration required for that vehicle. With the 1715 "MAX" Micro Tuner, each vehicle receives the specific performance calibration for that particular vehicles computer code.

User options are: Adjust shift points, shift firmness, remove top speed limiter and correct speedometer for different tire size or rear axle gear changes. (Note: transmission options are only supported on vehicles with electronically controlled automatic transmissions) Some options are limited based on factory code in the computer.

Added Feature: The 1715 doubles as a vehicle diagnostic tool! The 1715 can be used on any late model Ford vehicle to retrieve Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC). This feature helps the user to diagnose today's complex vehicle electronic systems and can not only display the trouble codes, but can also clear the codes too. A complete list of Ford Diagnostic Trouble Codes is provided in the user manual.

dboat
09-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Is it the Superchips 1715 tuner? If so I think it is good for all Ford gas v8 96-2002. It has both stock and 4# pulley tunes in it. It may be upgradeable through Superchips for the 03-04 trucks you would have to check with them first. These are excellent tuners that read and cleaer DTC's and are still $350 in Jegs and Summit I think...
Here is an ad I found.

(NEW) "MAX" Micro Tuner for the 1996-2002
Ford Pickup, SUV & Van All V8s & V10!
(except 2002 4.6L Ford Explorer or Mercury Mountaineer)

10% HP Gain & 13% More Torque

http://www.dieselpage.com/pics/schiptuner.gif

Superchips has combined the tuning of the Ford Gas Module program with the easy install method of the the "MAX" micro Tuners to form the second of their Ford Tuners, the new 1715 "MAX" Micro Tuner.

Tuning with the new Ford "MAX" Micro Tuner is very simple. Just plug it into the vehicle's ALDL diagnostic port under the dash, push a few buttons and recalibrate the vehicle's stock program in to a Superchips performance tune in just minutes.

This tuner does not just place a generic program in the vehicle. The 1715 interrogates the vehicle's computer to determine which stock calibration it has, then selects the exact Superchips calibration required for that vehicle. With the 1715 "MAX" Micro Tuner, each vehicle receives the specific performance calibration for that particular vehicles computer code.

User options are: Adjust shift points, shift firmness, remove top speed limiter and correct speedometer for different tire size or rear axle gear changes. (Note: transmission options are only supported on vehicles with electronically controlled automatic transmissions) Some options are limited based on factory code in the computer.

Added Feature: The 1715 doubles as a vehicle diagnostic tool! The 1715 can be used on any late model Ford vehicle to retrieve Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC). This feature helps the user to diagnose today's complex vehicle electronic systems and can not only display the trouble codes, but can also clear the codes too. A complete list of Ford Diagnostic Trouble Codes is provided in the user manual.

Yep, this is the one I have... everything is still there, the instructions, cable, everything.. paid over $300 when I bought it.. its a steal for someone..
Dana

gbgary
09-05-2005, 12:49 PM
It has both stock and 4# pulley tunes in it. It may be upgradeable through Superchips for the 03-04 trucks you would have to check with them first.

terry, a couple of questions. so what would be different in an '03-'04? if i'm reading the post correct it will spruce-up the stock tune? i think i'll do this until my truck is out-of-warranty then upgrade.

PUMP
09-05-2005, 07:15 PM
terry, a couple of questions. so what would be different in an '03-'04? if i'm reading the post correct it will spruce-up the stock tune? i think i'll do this until my truck is out-of-warranty then upgrade.
I am using the 1715 microtuner on my 03, with 4# pulley and mac air filter, trans shift kit and it works real good. Have not had it dynoed but I did turn a 8.7 sec 1/8th mile (2.0 60 foot) on a very hot night (95 degrees).

L8 APEX
09-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Ford used a more tamper proof code in the 03-04 PCM's. They require either an F module chip or Superchips could possibly update Dana's 96-02 tuner for some cost... You would have to contact Superchips with the serial number of his tuner and see if it is compatible on 03-04. It has the ability to backflash it to the 02 and prior code I believe.

Tex Arcana
09-07-2005, 01:38 AM
Ygpm

dboat
09-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Ygpm

Back at ya

dboat
09-08-2005, 07:08 PM
SOLD!!! knana