PDA

View Full Version : Trailer or No Trailer for L Fest

L8 APEX
08-29-2005, 11:15 PM
I am primarily going to L Fest to have fun with you guys. I am not a sponsor of the event, not taking any parts to sell there, nor do I have a shop truck to race. I am going as a spectator at my own expense. I will take my laptop and tuning software to assist the customers if needed. I am debating whether or not to drive my own truck and or haul my enclosed trailer up there. I have an offer to ride with members for free as I did last year. My concern is that with the club getting both larger and faster we could use a support vehicle for a trip of this scope. Maybe there is a way to spread the cost among the members so we can all enjoy the security of having a "club trailer" in Kansas should anyone have a mechanical failure 600 miles from home. I could carry tires, jacks, slicks, pit bikes, go carts, shade tents, one truck or whatever would fit if that would help the members attending L Fest. As we all know it is a hassle to tow a big trailer and it cuts my fuel mileage in HALF.
The trip will probably average 1300 miles Start to finish. My fuel economy is this:

Empty: 17mpg @$3 a gallon is $300 bucks in fuel
w/ empty trailer 11mpg is $354 bucks in fuel
loaded trailer 9mpg is $433 bucks in fuel

Is there anyone that would chip in a few bucks to help defray the fuel cost? I just can't justify hauling an empty trailer up there and back for grins:D .

L8 APEX
08-29-2005, 11:21 PM
How many open trailers are going? How many are willing to drive all the way back if a member breaks? I can only think of Terry Hogg and Rocks. Rocks truck is streetable but I don't think Terry could street his gen1 600 miles. Of course we have made it two years without any problems:D

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/15CIMG0924.JPG
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/15CIMG0925.JPG

PoorSvtman
08-30-2005, 12:30 AM
Thats one reason i dont want to race at L fest. Dont want to break anything. With 110k miles i rather not race that far from home.

99WhiteBeast
08-30-2005, 07:56 AM
It would be nice to know we have an option to get our trucks back if they break. I would be willing to pitch in for that.:tu:

Alpine
08-30-2005, 12:52 PM
I would definately throw in some cash because I will probabaly be the one you will be towing back.:D

SILVER2000SVT
08-30-2005, 02:12 PM
I would be willing to throw in a few dollars for the just-in-case senerio. Terry knows my transmission, I'll be lucky if I make it up there much less race and drive back. I could justify splitting the extra cost of the carrying the empty trailer vs. no trailer. Obviously if I had to be the one that used it I would expect to pay extra costs of being loaded vs. unloaded myself plus incedentals.

Also, I plan to carry a couple of tools but I think it would be good to have more resources available if they were needed in an emergency.

PoorSvtman
08-30-2005, 02:55 PM
I would definately throw in some cash because I will probabaly be the one you will be towing back.:D

haha yea either one of us.. We have the highest miles on our Ls out of anyone here i believe

Mark #2
08-30-2005, 04:22 PM
I am willing to throw in money too, as I have been pushing the limit for a long time.
Mark

True Blue Aggie
08-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Terry, I can help out too....:tu:

jcblack
08-30-2005, 06:41 PM
I'll throw in some dolla's, and the go-kart needs a ride up there.

LS1 Eater
09-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I think Im going to drive my truck up there. But if worse comes to worse I would come home and pick my truck and trailer up and head back if some one get stuck. I will pitch in some cash to help out to if you take the trailer. Who know I might need it.:(