PDA

View Full Version : Web Page And Domain Name

TxBolt
08-18-2005, 06:19 AM
Ok Doug I,m ready for a web site. East Texas Plumbing Company Inc. is in service with ServiceMagic. Thay give referals to customers via internet.So I can be found, but I need to improve. I don't understand all this web buisness. I know I need a Domain Name, but as far as that I'm lost. I will come to Dallas and meet with you about web design if thats what I need to do, payment and you to help me understand whats the best for my company. My company is growing at a very fast pace, almost to fast for me to keep up with. I'm so busy I drive my Lightning once a mounth. Give me a contact or contact me and I will do my best to make plans in the next week to meet with you. It can get hard to leave, but I can make plans a few days in advance. Thanks Doug, you have a good day!:beer:

East Texas Plumbing Company Inc.
Tim Cowley
President

Silver_2000
08-18-2005, 08:24 AM
PM sent

TxBolt
09-01-2005, 07:34 AM
Doug I have the domain name through ourinternet and you should be the server. I thought you might read this before I call you this evening. I have not fiqured out the e-mail address yet, some how it must be set up. Anyway have a great day. Tim

SILVER2000SVT
09-01-2005, 08:19 AM
I know you didn't ask but I just wanted to give my opinion of the companies at service magic.

Tim I wish you luck with the service magic. I used their service to help find a plumber earlier this year to install a sewer connection to my house. I couldn't be more dissappointed with the companies that they put me in contact with. The 3 places they put me in touch were on the order of 3 to 4 time more expensive than 3 that were recommended by neighbors. The service magic companies were bigger franchise type companies. When I questioned them on the specifics of the job two of them didn't even know how to do the job and what the legal requirements were, and when I told them they said they don't like to do it that way (that's what I would expect from the cheap places), but the cheapers ones that came recommended by the neighbors did know the codes.

Because of this one experience with the companies that service magic recommended on this one occasion I will never even consider using them again.

Silver_2000
09-01-2005, 08:41 AM
Whats the domain name ?

Silver_2000
09-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Ok I think I guessed it

I have the account and home page set up

I need your info - Name - Address Number etc to paste on the site
http://easttexasplumbing.com/
Doug

TxBolt
09-02-2005, 04:46 AM
There is only 2 plumbers listed in my area at servicemagic and I,m one of them. If you live in the Plano Richardson area I have a best friend that a owns his own plumbing company. He's honest and a person you can trust thats fair priced. I call him sometimes on codes. It can be hard to find service companies that care about you and your home.Their either too high priced or don't know what thay are doing. Mark Periot, Periot Plumbing in plano will help in any way he can or direct you to someone who can. I hope you have better luck next time.

TxBolt
09-02-2005, 05:04 AM
Doug you work at i2 Technologies? The same one out of San Diego, Ca? I have use one of their pricing guides, but the rates in the book are too high for me . I still use it as a starting point. I really don't know enough about their systems. When I started, it was the only thing I had to go by. Anyway I thought that was cool to know. Thanks.

Tim

Silver_2000
09-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Doug you work at i2 Technologies? The same one out of San Diego, Ca? I have use one of their pricing guides, but the rates in the book are too high for me . I still use it as a starting point. I really don't know enough about their systems. When I started, it was the only thing I had to go by. Anyway I thought that was cool to know. Thanks.

Tim
Yes I do - I didnt know we had a plumbing pricing guide.. LOL

TxBolt
09-15-2005, 04:04 AM
Doug here's a couple of pictures for the site, its the best I can do for now I'm too busy. I will call you next week to see what we need to do about the site. My address is Whitehouse Texas 75791

Silver_2000
09-17-2005, 11:27 AM
I added them

Still need to talk about what you want to do with the site

Doug

99WhiteBeast
10-02-2005, 10:10 AM
Doug here's a couple of pictures for the site, its the best I can do for now I'm too busy. I will call you next week to see what we need to do about the site. My address is Whitehouse Texas 75791

Tim,
Clear your PM's your inbox is full