PDA

View Full Version : Diesel ramblings

L8 APEX
08-12-2005, 01:36 AM
Well I am on my way to another easy 700+ mile tank:tu: . I rolled over some more lucky numbers today some 6's and 13's. I gave the truck a good hand washing tonight. I pulled the bedmat and cover out and even washed the bed out. A couple hundered miles of dirt roads leaves a nice deposit in the bed that gets on everything. Though I am still paranoid of the 6L engine failing and my posi not locking worth a crap it is a decent truck. I have 13,064 miles, 290 engine hours on it now. I did have a CAC tube clamp coming loose and blowing oil vapor into the engine bay:hammer: . They have recalled a lot of CAC tubes and clamps. I got hit by a piece of fragmenting trailer wheel Wednesday in the drivers door. It left a pretty good scratch and skidmark which sucks. I guess if you drive enough something will eventually happen. I am still at only one rock chip:tu: . I think I have found a sweet spot in the tuning for the truck. It have jumped 2mpg, spools quickly, and pulls like a banshee yet stays under 1200 degrees even WOT over 100mph and towing. I do enjoy blowing smoke on morons and unsuspecting strangers. I almost felt bad for smoking a lady walking an ugly dog last week, almost:D .
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/medium/CIMG4137.JPG

wesman
08-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Damn you drive the **** out of that truck....I don't see how you have time to do any actual Lightning work. You may as well get a big rig and get paid for it ;)

--wes

Moonshine
08-12-2005, 11:02 AM
I have 13,064 miles, 290 engine hours on it now.

Would you believe your average speed is actually below mine? :rolleyes:

03LightningRocks
08-13-2005, 01:11 AM
I took delivery of the truck the third week in Feb. Terry convinced me that diesel was the way to go for a road machine. So far he has been correct. I hope the stories about getting 200K on diesel engines are correct.

21,898 miles 412 hours average=53 mph............but I have spent a few hours in rest stops, sleeping, while I left the truck running for the A/C.

Rocks:D

L8 APEX
08-13-2005, 02:00 AM
My hours were inacurate it is really 280 hours not 290, do I beat you now:hammer: . I am a safe is slow kind of driver. Except for today when I was doubling the posted limit trying to get a guys fingers to the hospital. The ol' F250 was putting the hussle on:burnout: .

Moonshine
08-13-2005, 02:41 PM
My hours were inacurate it is really 280 hours not 290, do I beat you now:hammer: .

Nope, not yet, but Ron does. My average is right at 50 MPH.