PDA

View Full Version : Now this is Frustration!

L8 APEX
09-17-2002, 11:14 PM
I decided to make use of the late evening to install some bigger and better flourecent lights in the workshop. I bought some expensive 4ft fixtures a year ago with electronic ballasts and they are crap! I replaced all 5 of them with Skimmar commercial 6' fixtures. Anyway, the reason for my post is not having a cordless drill ready to use. Without looking I have 3+ drills, mini recipro saw, 5 batteries, 2 chargers, and more. Starting with Makita 9.6V, DeWalt 14.4 and 18 volt tools. Yet none were charged enough to finish the job:hammer: NiCad batteries have a 1% discharge rate which means they loose 1% charge per day, NiMh batteries have a 2% discharge rate so they fade twice as fast on the shelf. Plus when they get old a charge doesn't do much work anyway. It sure was frustrating though, I almost went to the hammer drawer:banana:
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/209-218-31459.jpg

Logan
09-18-2002, 07:58 AM
That's why you should always bring buddies along to help out and supervise while drinking your beer.

They'd happily sit there and plug in a charger for you and supervise the charging cycle.

Red2002
09-20-2002, 12:40 PM
Heh, what a tool.

The equipment, not you. :D