PDA

View Full Version : New towing tunes

L8 APEX
07-18-2005, 10:39 PM
After hauling my bread box over various terrain for a few thousand miles I have made a few notes. I am going to use the SCT software to improve the tow/haul programming to better suite my load and driving style. Ford backed down the tow/haul settings in 2004 for fuel economy and sissy drivers. This is where SCT comes in handy not only to make HUGE power and smoke. But to improve tow/haul shift schedules to help reduce heat and stress on the engine.:tu:

PoorSvtman
07-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Kool maybe the lady that i sent you with the travel trailer can changer hers and be happy.

L8 APEX
07-18-2005, 11:28 PM
She got a $1000 pkg for her budget only exhaust and tuner. She needs a 4K system for hauling that 20K lb house on wheels! She is suppose to come in for guages, larger intercooler and stuff.

PoorSvtman
07-18-2005, 11:41 PM
She got a $1000 pkg for her budget only exhaust and tuner. She needs a 4K system for hauling that 20K lb house on wheels! She is suppose to come in for guages, larger intercooler and stuff.

Cool Glad your helping her out. Shes a nice lady ;) :D

L8 APEX
07-18-2005, 11:52 PM
She said that there were some people at the trailer place and local feed store. She talked to them about their diesel mileage when hauling. She said they quoted over 20mpg pulling 5th wheel horse trailers and such. I told her that is not possible in a 4wd Ford. Maybe a 2wd Cummins. She was crying about getting 7mpg with her toybox, I told her don't feel bad, I only get 9.5mpg with half the weight and wind brick.

PoorSvtman
07-20-2005, 11:02 AM
yea that trailer of hers is huge... plus add the weight of water in the tanks, food, personal items, clothes and toys in the back of the toy box part... that sucker is heaby