PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a job please help

Brenton
07-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Heres is my resume im looking to make $10.00 or more and hour let me know if you can help of have any thing.

2201 Uecker Dr. #14204 Phone: 281-728-3739
Lewisville, TX 75067 Email: bld@pdq.net
Brenton L. Davis

Self-directed individual with six years of professional experience in the areas of management, sales, customer service, marketing, financial services, graphics, and technical. Proactive team leader and motivator.
 Excellent leadership qualities that include demonstrated experience leading
change management and process improvement initiatives
 Proven ability to effectively manage daily office operations including hiring,
training, and supervising/mentoring staff
 Strong analytical, technical, decision making, and interpersonal skills
 Excellent communication skills; able to connect with wide variety of audiences
 Precise and detailed oriented individual with excellent presentation and
organization skills
 High level of confidentiality, excellent judgment, and strong problem solving skills
 Ability to work successfully in stressful situations and manage multiple tasks
concurrently
Work History
May 2005 – Present EZ Money - Lewisville, Texas (transferred from EZ Pawn)
Assistant Manager
 Duties include opening and closing the store, loan officer, customer service, courtesy calling, marketing, and manage daily store operations
 Other responsibilities include counting money all day long ($10,000+ in cash daily with a perfect record of always balancing vault with no shortages), records management and maintenance, including filing of require legal documentation, and proven ability to work successfully in stressful situations and manage multiple tasks concurrently
 Current with FDIC laws and training
Jan. 2005 – May 2005 EZ Pawn - Conroe, Texas
Licensed Pawn Broker, Customer Service Representative, and Commissioned Salesperson
 Duties included opening and closing of the store, daily cash reconciliation, sales and customer service
 Other responsibilities included daily merchandise inventory, pawn loans, store maintenance, established sales clientele, merchandise location services, and maintenance of records/documentation to ensure compliance with all laws
Mar. 29, 2004 – May 23, 2004 Intercontinental Security - The Woodlands, Texas
Audio-Video Technician
 Installation of stereo, surround sound, home theater equipment, television, phone, and data cabling
 Pre-wired for security, television, telephones, stereo, home office, etc.
 Provided with company vehicle (clean driving record and must pass FBI background check)
Aug. 15, 2002 – Feb. 13, 2004 Lynden Transport - Houston, Texas
Forklift Operator and Warehouse Employee
 Certified Forklift Driver: Loading and receiving trucks
 Weekly Inventory Control
 Training of new employees
 Scaling of trucks
Mar. 10, 1999 – Dec. 31, 2001 Advanced Wiring Technologies - Conroe, Texas
Senior Technician
 Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of stereo, security, fire alarm, surround sound, home theater and central vac systems
 Pre-wired of above systems and custom applications/configurations and design

Education
Spring 2005 &
Fall 2003

Aug. 2001 – May 2003 Montgomery College
Conroe, Texas

The Woodlands High School
The Woodlands, Texas
Occupational Experience & Skills
 Management, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Financial Services
 Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Configurations, Installation, and Troubleshooting
 Fire alarm, security, television, telephone, data and cable installations and configurations
 Central vacuum installations
 Fork Lift Certified
 Computer Literate
 Safety Training (OSHA)
 Windows 98 & XP
 Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
 Adobe Photoshop

Beaudee
07-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Come to the next meeting, and if your willing to go the extra mile for a while i'll see what i can do.The potentials are endless as long you aren't scared of a little of hard work.http://www.southwest.com/

Brenton
07-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Im in a real bind now so if you can help please do im a real fast learner and catch on quick to new things

tliss
07-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Brenton,

Do you have your degree or is that still in progress? I might be able to submit your resume for something in telecom, but I gotta let your resume do the talking.

Tom

Brenton
07-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Im working on getting my degree in electronic engineer. It would be great if you could submit my resume. If yiou have a fax i could fax it to you .

tliss
07-21-2005, 01:13 PM
Im working on getting my degree in electronic engineer. It would be great if you could submit my resume. If yiou have a fax i could fax it to you .

Send me an e-mail with your resume stating that your current field of study is EE and your targeted completion date and I'll pass it along. A fax copy won't do me any good...I need to submit it electronically. My e-mail is tliss@comcast.net.

Tom

99WhiteBeast
07-21-2005, 02:28 PM
I know of customer service position at a food service business in south arlington that is $10 bucks an hour

tliss
07-22-2005, 02:47 PM
I've submitted your resume. Let me know if anything comes of it.

Tom

Logan
07-22-2005, 06:55 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you want my advice, have your resume done by a pro.

Trust me, when I get hundreds of resumes on my desk and I do, the very first thing that gets them pulled during the first pass is the overall quality of the resume itself. The quality of the resume speaks volumes to the quality of person or that they give enough of a crap to get it done properly.

Those that pass the "gives enough of a crap" test are awarded by having their resume actually read.

Usually, if I scan a resume and see an inordinate number of fluffy words slammed together, it's going to get tossed. People try to fluff themselves up in the first half of their resume and it does them nothing but harm as I can't tell what you're taking license with, what you're downright lying about and what you can ACTUALLY do. Way too much fluff in there.

I'd much rather see the 2 or 3 things you're an absolute pro at and that's it. The rest of it leave to your job descriptions. If your the world's best widget assembler, make sure I know that.

Stuff like this "Self-directed individual with six years of professional experience in the areas of management, sales, customer service, marketing, financial services, graphics, and technical" is just well.... crap. If you've done that much in 6 years, you're no good at any of them, that's what you're telling me or at least, that's what I'd be thinking, it'd get tossed in file 13.

Most folks spend a decade getting good at one thing. Tailor your resume to each position your actually applying for or at least not as generic.

Anyway, the point is, go spend some bucks getting a real resume drawn up I guarantee, it'll at least make sure the resume actually gets read rather than scanned and tossed...

...and like Tom said, don't focus on "professional experience" you don't have. Focus on the fact you're in the middle of completing a Engineering Degree, much more impressive. At your age, people don't expect experience, they expect to see that you're headed in the right direction, are responsible and care about your education.

Mark #2
07-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but if you want my advice, have your resume done by a pro.

Trust me, when I get hundreds of resumes on my desk and I do, the very first thing that gets them pulled during the first pass is the overall quality of the resume itself. The quality of the resume speaks volumes to the quality of person or that they give enough of a crap to get it done properly.

Those that pass the "gives enough of a crap" test are awarded by having their resume actually read.

Usually, if I scan a resume and see an inordinate number of fluffy words slammed together, it's going to get tossed. People try to fluff themselves up in the first half of their resume and it does them nothing but harm as I can't tell what you're taking license with, what you're downright lying about and what you can ACTUALLY do. Way too much fluff in there.

I'd much rather see the 2 or 3 things you're an absolute pro at and that's it. The rest of it leave to your job descriptions. If your the world's best widget assembler, make sure I know that.

Stuff like this "Self-directed individual with six years of professional experience in the areas of management, sales, customer service, marketing, financial services, graphics, and technical" is just well.... crap. If you've done that much in 6 years, you're no good at any of them, that's what you're telling me or at least, that's what I'd be thinking, it'd get tossed in file 13.

Most folks spend a decade getting good at one thing. Tailor your resume to each position your actually applying for or at least not as generic.

Anyway, the point is, go spend some bucks getting a real resume drawn up I guarantee, it'll at least make sure the resume actually gets read rather than scanned and tossed...

No offense intended in my response either, but I agree with Logan 100%(and then some, I hate the 110% reference). I am scanning 10's right now, not 100's, but agree with the fluff tossing as well.

Tailoring is the key, we once tailored a resume for a plant growing company guy into defense industry research job and he was hired.

Mark

my2002lightning
07-22-2005, 07:20 PM
This is all good advice, Brenton.

Also, almost NO ONE faxes their resume(s) now. It's all done via email to the RIGHT people. Just an fyi.

Good luck!

Moonshine
07-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Another vote for what Logan and Mark said. :tu:

Brenton
07-24-2005, 11:03 PM
Is this better let me know

2201 Uecker Dr. #14204 Phone: 281-728-3739
Lewisville, TX 75067 Email: bld@pdq.net
Brenton L. Davis

College student with six years of progressive experience in customer service and technical related positions.
Proven ability to effectively manage daily office operations including training and supervising staff
Strong analytical, technical, decision making, and interpersonal skills
Excellent communication skills; able to connect with wide variety of audiences
Ability to work successfully in stressful situations and manage multiple tasks
concurrently

Work History

May 2005 – Present
EZ Money - Lewisville, Texas (transferred from EZ Pawn) Assistant Manager
Duties include opening and closing the store, loan officer, customer service, courtesy calling, marketing, and manage daily store operations
Other responsibilities include counting money all day long ($10,000+ in cash daily with a perfect record of always balancing vault with no shortages), records management and maintenance, including filing of require legal documentation, and proven ability to work successfully in stressful situations and manage multiple tasks concurrently
Current with FDIC laws and training

Jan. 2005 – May 2005 EZ Pawn - Conroe, Texas
Licensed Pawn Broker, Customer Service Representative, and Commissioned Salesperson
Duties included opening and closing of the store, daily cash reconciliation, sales and customer service
Other responsibilities included daily merchandise inventory, pawn loans, store maintenance, established sales clientele, merchandise location services, and maintenance of records/documentation to ensure compliance with all laws

Mar. 29, 2004 – May 23, 2004 Intercontinental Security - The Woodlands, Texas Audio-Video Technician
Installation of stereo, surround sound, home theater equipment, television, phone, and data cabling
Pre-wired for security, television, telephones, stereo, home office, etc.
Provided with company vehicle (clean driving record and must pass FBI background check)

Aug. 15, 2002 – Feb. 13, 2004 Lynden Transport - Houston, Texas Forklift Operator and Warehouse Employee
Certified Forklift Driver: Loading and receiving trucks
Weekly Inventory Control
Training of new employees
Scaling of trucks

Mar. 10, 1999 – Dec. 31, 2001 Advanced Wiring Technologies - Conroe, Texas
Senior Technician
Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of stereo, security, fire alarm, surround sound, home theater and central vac systems
Pre-wired of above systems and custom applications/configurations and design

Education Fall 2005 Spring 2005 & Fall 2003

Aug. 2001 – May 2003 Brookhaven Community College
Dallas, Texas

Montgomery College
Conroe, Texas

The Woodlands High School
The Woodlands, Texas
Occupational Experience & Skills
Customer Service, Sales, Marketing, Financial Services
Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Configurations, Installation, and Troubleshooting
Fire alarm, security, television, telephone, data and cable installations and configurations
Central vacuum installations
Fork Lift Certified
Computer Literate
Safety Training (OSHA)
Windows 98 & XP
Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Adobe Photoshop

Brenton
07-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Dang is there nothing out there.