PDA

View Full Version : Evil speed limiting device!

L8 APEX
06-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Damn you Fred! I found your infernal fun limiting design! Every time you accelerate more than a crack what happens.... NO A/C! Agh! the bastage. What is more valuable on a 100 degree Texas afternoon horse power or staying cool:hammer: . You are an evil kind of genius:twitch:

PoorSvtman
06-30-2005, 07:50 PM
Friends svt focus dose that. At highways speeds if you down shift the ac turns off.

L8 APEX
06-30-2005, 07:54 PM
No you're not getting it. I understand WOT a/c cut off. This is a slight crack of the throttle and the blower stops blowing out of the vents and it gets real hot fast:hammer: . The blower pressurizes the vacuum lines and the vents run off vacuum. Or something.

PoorSvtman
06-30-2005, 08:08 PM
oops missed that part... :throw: his focus the blower keeps going just turns the comperssor off.

Ivanhoe_Farms
07-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Damn you Fred! I found your infernal fun limiting design! Every time you accelerate more than a crack what happens.... NO A/C! Agh! the bastage. What is more valuable on a 100 degree Texas afternoon horse power or staying cool:hammer: . You are an evil kind of genius:twitch:

So let me see if I have this right, he can sit cool, calm and collected in the staging lane, but when the light turns green he does not have the a/c scavenging HorsePower --- and that is a bad thing??:beer:

He probably should just sell that truck as soon as you get it back together, who knows what else you may find :evil

Flats Man
07-01-2005, 05:36 PM
I don't think I am the "Fred" that Terry is refering to. First of all, I am not that smart and I don't need no stinking air! lol

Mark #2
07-01-2005, 05:56 PM
No you're not getting it. I understand WOT a/c cut off. This is a slight crack of the throttle and the blower stops blowing out of the vents and it gets real hot fast:hammer: . The blower pressurizes the vacuum lines and the vents run off vacuum. Or something.

Terry, my K-5 had that same feature too. There is a check valve in the vacuum system that is bad, trace back from the vent solenoids...but you probably know that already.

There were three in the K5 that were bad, this took me forever to figure out. One at each vent canister and one at the manifold.
Mark

L8 APEX
07-01-2005, 10:29 PM
I'll look around but keep in mind this truck has a cheapo aftermarket blower the factory never planned for. Once it puffs up the intake the truck vacuum goes to pooh.