PDA

View Full Version : New Truck Forum

BC Lightning
06-30-2005, 03:56 PM
Its a branch of LS1Tech.com, they are trying to make it an all truck forum

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/index.php?

Tex Arcana
07-01-2005, 10:50 PM
Speaking of alternative forums, I stumbled on this while researching my suspension setup... www.lightningrodder.com

Lightning Dude
07-05-2005, 05:46 PM
Speaking of alternative forums, I stumbled on this while researching my suspension setup... www.lightningrodder.com

Theres even a Talon section on it.

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/index.php?board=56.0

Wht95Lightning
07-05-2005, 05:52 PM
Who is 99blackbeast? :confused:

StormShadow
07-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Theres even a Talon section on it.

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/index.php?board=56.0

We already have a TALON website.

PoorSvtman
07-05-2005, 08:37 PM
Who is 99blackbeast? :confused:

Looks like its tyson... aka Frdracing or something along those lines here. Most of the info matches tyson alteast.

Lightning Dude
07-05-2005, 10:38 PM

No really?

Though wouldn't Lightningrodder need permision from Talon?

Tex Arcana
07-07-2005, 12:56 PM

Yeah, and...?? They were being nice in recognizing us. :hammer:

No really?

I would think they obtained it; and if they didn't, no biggie I think, it's free advertising. :tu:

StormShadow
07-07-2005, 06:00 PM

Your probably one of the guys that likes reading the same topics over and over on F150online and then run right over to NLOC so you can read the same **** over again. :hammer: :rll:

PoorSvtman
07-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Your probably one of the guys that likes reading the same topics over and over on F150online and then run right over to NLOC so you can read the same **** over again. :hammer: :rll:

Meh. Im sure your guilty of that as well... IMO NLOC threads are better than F150online... Most threads on F150 turn into public Private messaging and you have to sort through the b/s and the actual post.

PoorSvtman
07-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Nloc has a Talon forum... You going to make fun of that as well... Im sure many members here have found us because of that forum/link :insertmiddlefingersmiliehere:

StormShadow
07-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Let me go count your posts over there. Yep just like I thought 0. Just like everyone else. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm just too close-minded.

FRDRCING
07-09-2005, 12:23 AM

I would think they obtained it; and if they didn't, no biggie I think, it's free advertising. :tu:

Yes my screen name over there is 99Blackbeast. I just get tired of the same old crap on F150online like stated by mike. If Doug want's me to take out our local club section then I will get it gone. I did not think it would be a big deal as it get's our name out there.

tliss
07-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Nloc has a Talon forum... You going to make fun of that as well... Im sure many members here have found us because of that forum/link :insertmiddlefingersmiliehere:

Take a seat on the floor indian style...grandpappy is going to tell ya a story....The TALON forum on NLOC is where it all started. In the beginning, He said let there be elephants and horses and birds and a TALON forum, and the TALON forum was created on the NLOC board. That is where we did our BS-ing until Doug went big time and created the fourm as you see it today. Basically, NLOC is where a lot of the localized forums spun off of (HALO is another example). It is still on NLOC for the occasional person that is scrolling through the club forums and sees us...there is a post at the very top that points you here...

[/HISTORY LESSON]:d

Tom

Silver_2000
07-09-2005, 12:39 PM
No really?

No they didnt ask anyone

Lightningrodder is an up and coming site that is using many kinds of "interesting" methods to drive veiwers. They are getting lots of "articles " written then cross posting on other sites about them as if they articles are gospel...

Seems a bit redundant to have a section of a site strictly to talk about a diff site... That makes sense on NLOC since as Tom stated that was the place we got our first dedicated place to congregate. When we switched to our own site we did so due to frequent technical issues with the NLOC servers including that itr went down right before one of our BIG events - eiether the fall race or the first Group picture... cant remember which ...

Perhaps they should change the forum section to a link - trouble is its easy to set upi a forujm section - takes a little more oomph to make it simply a link ...

Doug

SVT242
07-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Hello fellow Texas L brothers!,

My name is Chris, and I am the owner/webmaster/H.M.I.C of LightningRodder.com

I would like to respond to a few things I noticed in this thread :)

Regarding our local club forum section on LightningRodder.com's forum, more specifically the "TALON" club section

No they didnt ask anyone

Doug is correct in his response. At the request of a member of my site that is a TALON member, he suggested such an idea to "add" a section within our club sections forum for TALON. Please keep in mind that this was done merely as a "courtesy" and was not meant to steal traffic or any other screw ball ideas that might be lingering around out there :)

Personally speaking, I promote and encourage the existence of "all" Lightning websites out there (even if they don't necessarily want us around :d ).

LightningRodder is an up and coming site that is using many kinds of "interesting" methods to drive viewers. They are getting lots of "articles” written then cross posting on other sites about them as if they articles are gospel...

Thanks for the props Doug! :tu: Yes, LightningRodder.com is an up and coming website for the Lightning community. We encourage any Lightning enthusiast to check us out. In regards to the comment about the "interesting" methods we use to drive traffic to our site, they are really just methods that no one has stepped up to the plate and assessed. There is no secret behind some of things we offer for free (ie: free video hosting, free pic gallery, an online magazine). LightningRodder.com is just a collaborative effort of Lightning owners who want to give back to the Lightning community by offering a few free services and a new medium for Lightning owners to enjoy. You don't have to marry us or leave your bride (bride meaning the forum/site you are a "loyal" part of), the people behind my site are enthusiasts just like you that love the L!

Our online magazine contains news articles pertaining to our community, now as for Doug's comment about us "cross posting" our articles and making such articles out to be as if they are "Gospel", I am not quite sure how you assume such?

"We" don't purposely cross post any of our articles on any site, however members of our site which we all "know" are members of other L based forums out there might link an article of ours on another forum. We can't control this and nevertheless I don't see anything wrong with that at all. On my site people link over to some info on nloc.net and f150online.com, and I don't have one problem with it :)

But to make the assertion that we at LightningRodder possibly regard our articles to be the "word of Christ" or "absolute" to the point that EVERYONE must agree is purely absurd, no disrespect intended :)

I love to read another online magazine (non-lightning related) which is askmen.com and there is some stuff I agree with and some stuff I don't agree with on that site and this goes for any kind of information source I read, once again I might agree with it and I might not, I am sure the same goes for many other people out there.

Seems a bit redundant to have a section of a site strictly to talk about a diff site... That makes sense on NLOC since as Tom stated that was the place we got our first dedicated place to congregate. When we switched to our own site we did so due to frequent technical issues with the NLOC servers including that itr went down right before one of our BIG events - eiether the fall race or the first Group picture... cant remember which ...

Perhaps they should change the forum section to a link - trouble is its easy to set upi a forujm section - takes a little more oomph to make it simply a link ...

Doug

I can understand where you are coming from with the redundant remark. The main idea behind our club section was to offer a "stomping" ground for clubs that wish to have a section on our site, that's all. As stated previously a TALON member requested that a TALON section be put up and I responded accordingly. Doug I have no problem with removing the TALON club forum section on LightningRodder as I don't want cause any discord amongst the ranks :D It actually doesn't take any extra "oomph" to make a link within a forum or in any other avenue with the forum software we use :D I love SMF!!! :d

Guys, I am just responding to this thread as I wanted to clear the air in regards to my site and please know that I support any other L website out there! It's just silly to have turf wars in my opinion.

You guys have a nice site (forum), I am glad to see Texas L's out in full effect and it's gotta say something when TALON has the biggest L caravan out to LFEST! (If I remember correctly!)

Doug, keep up the good work man, the site looks great and I'll see you and everyone else around on the other L forums :tu: knana

Take Care All! :tu:

Chris
LightningRodder.com

Silver_2000
07-09-2005, 07:22 PM
Hello fellow Texas L brothers!,

My name is Chris, and I am the owner/webmaster/H.M.I.C of LightningRodder.com

I would like to respond to a few things I noticed in this thread :)

Regarding our local club forum section on LightningRodder.com's forum, more specifically the "TALON" club section

Doug is correct in his response. At the request of a member of my site that is a TALON member, he suggested such an idea to "add" a section within our club sections forum for TALON. Please keep in mind that this was done merely as a "courtesy" and was not meant to steal traffic or any other screw ball ideas that might be lingering around out there :)

Personally speaking, I promote and encourage the existence of "all" Lightning websites out there (even if they don't necessarily want us around :d ).

Thanks for the props Doug! :tu: Yes, LightningRodder.com is an up and coming website for the Lightning community. We encourage any Lightning enthusiast to check us out. In regards to the comment about the "interesting" methods we use to drive traffic to our site, they are really just methods that no one has stepped up to the plate and assessed. There is no secret behind some of things we offer for free (ie: free video hosting, free pic gallery, an online magazine). LightningRodder.com is just a collaborative effort of Lightning owners who want to give back to the Lightning community by offering a few free services and a new medium for Lightning owners to enjoy. You don't have to marry us or leave your bride (bride meaning the forum/site you are a "loyal" part of), the people behind my site are enthusiasts just like you that love the L!

Our online magazine contains news articles pertaining to our community, now as for Doug's comment about us "cross posting" our articles and making such articles out to be as if they are "Gospel", I am not quite sure how you assume such?

"We" don't purposely cross post any of our articles on any site, however members of our site which we all "know" are members of other L based forums out there might link an article of ours on another forum. We can't control this and nevertheless I don't see anything wrong with that at all. On my site people link over to some info on nloc.net and f150online.com, and I don't have one problem with it :)

But to make the assertion that we at LightningRodder possibly regard our articles to be the "word of Christ" or "absolute" to the point that EVERYONE must agree is purely absurd, no disrespect intended :)

I love to read another online magazine (non-lightning related) which is askmen.com and there is some stuff I agree with and some stuff I don't agree with on that site and this goes for any kind of information source I read, once again I might agree with it and I might not, I am sure the same goes for many other people out there.

I can understand where you are coming from with the redundant remark. The main idea behind our club section was to offer a "stomping" ground for clubs that wish to have a section on our site, that's all. As stated previously a TALON member requested that a TALON section be put up and I responded accordingly. Doug I have no problem with removing the TALON club forum section on LightningRodder as I don't want cause any discord amongst the ranks :D It actually doesn't take any extra "oomph" to make a link within a forum or in any other avenue with the forum software we use :D I love SMF!!! :d

Guys, I am just responding to this thread as I wanted to clear the air in regards to my site and please know that I support any other L website out there! It's just silly to have turf wars in my opinion.

You guys have a nice site (forum), I am glad to see Texas L's out in full effect and it's gotta say something when TALON has the biggest L caravan out to LFEST! (If I remember correctly!)

Doug, keep up the good work man, the site looks great and I'll see you and everyone else around on the other L forums :tu: knana

Take Care All! :tu:

Chris
LightningRodder.com

Chris
I never expected to see a response let alone one 2 or 3 hours later ...

My comment about gospel may have more to do with the way your members are promoting the articles. Its one of my pet peeves that anyone that can speak with conviction is quickly assumed to be an expert on the internet. As you stated that is the fault of the readers not yours. If needed I could find multple examples of such promotion of articles on Lrodder. Once agin its not your doing - just the community.

Like you Im in this for the community, I love driving my truck and it suits my skill set to help in this way.

No need to take any action on the TALON section - if our collective viewers requested it and see value in it than its a good thing. Who was it that said there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Thanks for taking the time to reply and its nice to hear from someone who can do so professionally.

Keep up the good work

Doug