PDA

View Full Version : New guy

ganze
04-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Hey guys I'm new. I had a white 95 but had to sell it for a backseat. Now I have a blue and silver ext cab that I am building up as a prerunner. I am trying to get my motor to near lightning specs and have found lightning guys like you guys here and at NLOC to be the most knowledgeable about 351 speed density performance.

Yesterday I finished my motor: GT40 heads off a lightning crate engine , FMS headers, spintech exhaust and a K&N. Unfortunately, I did something really wrong-I believe that I crossed my head gaskets up (it was 3am when I was working on it). The motor lasted about 19 minutes before it totally seized at 60 mph. The temp guage gave no warning.

It's at Meadlin's right now, they are assessing the damage.

So anyway, good to be here. I'm sure that I will be posting some Q's regarding 351 performance.

If I need to jump off b/c I no longer own an L, I understand.

ganze

00Bolt
04-27-2005, 10:07 AM
If I need to jump off b/c I no longer own an L, I understand.

ganze

i think 1/4 this board consists of people who no longer own an L....

welcome!

Flats Man
04-27-2005, 07:32 PM
Hey ganze,

Welcome to Talon! Glad you found your way over here! I have been a member of Talon for a long time and just recently bought a Lightning! Good luck with your truck!

BC Lightning
04-27-2005, 08:50 PM
I have been a member of Talon for a long time and just recently bought a Lightning! Good luck with your truck!

I thought you had a few :d

Flats Man
04-28-2005, 06:22 AM
I thought you had a few :d

Well, it is kind of embarrassing and nothing that I am proud of! lol I guess you guys got the hood swap done but had a few problems? If you need anything off our truck to make the stock hood fit, like the springs, let me know and we will get them to you. I think you may need them.

Ivanhoe_Farms
04-28-2005, 05:30 PM
Make sure that you add your name to the Gen1 Survey in this forum. GEN1s are cool or something!!:tu:

BC Lightning
04-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Well, it is kind of embarrassing and nothing that I am proud of! lol I guess you guys got the hood swap done but had a few problems? If you need anything off our truck to make the stock hood fit, like the springs, let me know and we will get them to you. I think you may need them.

hood fits fine, all I had to do was adjust it for the stock height instead of the ram air height. shuts and locks secure now :tu: