PDA

View Full Version : X factor brace

razor1
04-25-2005, 08:49 PM
This is for your info:
I had won this kit at ower local gathering in Florida for Florida SVT in Orlando last month. This kit will not fit a Lightning or F150 that uses an aftermarket trans pan!!!
I called Kenny Brown and told them the problem and I was SHOCKED by the response, "well, we won't just build you a custom one for you". My next question was why they would produce a part without doing a little more research into what Lightning owners are running on trucks. My thought was why not build two kits, one with the stock pan in mind and the other for those with aftermarket pans. Chad said it was developed for stock trucks only. He also said he would see if they would consider building a different front piece for aftermarket pans, but would not guarantee anything. I called again today , and they said they wanted me to call back in another month and they might have a decsion.
Does anyone with a Lightning even have a stock truck? Needless to say, I was very disappointed with their "customer service" per say. If you plan on ever using an aftermaket pan on your truck or have one already, this kit WILL NOT FIT.:nono:

Tex Arcana
04-26-2005, 05:08 PM
This is for your info:
I had [b][i]won this kit at ower local gathering in Florida for Florida SVT in Orlando last month. This kit will not fit a Lightning or F150 that uses an aftermarket trans pan!!!
I called Kenny Brown and told them the problem and I was SHOCKED by the response, "well, we won't just build you a custom one for you". My next question was why they would produce a part without doing a little more research into what Lightning owners are running on trucks. My thought was why not build two kits, one with the stock pan in mind and the other for those with aftermarket pans. Chad said it was developed for stock trucks only. He also said he would see if they would consider building a different front piece for aftermarket pans, but would not guarantee anything. I called again today , and they said they wanted me to call back in another month and they might have a decsion.
Does anyone with a Lightning even have a stock truck? Needless to say, I was very disappointed with their "customer service" per say. If you plan on ever using an aftermaket pan on your truck or have one already, this kit WILL NOT FIT.:nono:

I would say this is a bad case of "looking a gift horse in the mouth"!! :eek2:

If you has actually purchased this, I could see being angry or upset; since you WON this thing, I'd say you're on your own with it. Insisting that they make a special one just for you is just plain incomprehensible.

be glad you got something for "free" (even tho we all konw "there's no such thing as a free lunch").

razor1
04-26-2005, 05:55 PM
never anywhere did I said I insisted they make a special brace for me, simply said that chad said there was a small change they may make a different front piece, maybe. Yes, I won it in a raffle, I payed my money like everyone else there did, and won it, why should that make any differance. My problem is, if it was built to fit a Lightning , it should reguardless or mods or not. Believe me , if it fit right I would use it.

WA 2 FST
04-26-2005, 06:28 PM
I understand you're frustrated, but c'mon... I'm with Tex on this. You're irritated b/c a piece they built for a _stock_ truck doesn't work on your _modified_ truck.

I have a 4x4 trans pan, so it wouldn't fit on mine either. And if I ran into a problem, it would be on _me_ to modify it... not the manufacturer.

I agree that a large capacity trans pan is a common mod for L owners, but that still doesn't necessarily mean they have to produce something to accomodate this.

Good luck, and hopefully they'll either come up with another one for you, or at least help you with ideas on how to modify the current one to get it to fit.