PDA

View Full Version : First tank of fuel

L8 APEX
03-15-2005, 11:45 AM
I made it through one tank of diesel yesterday. My results were 14.5mpg or 385 miles and about 26gallons. WHich I consider excellent for break in and hauling race fuel, 4 wheeler, and break in. I hear diesels need about 10K before they start doing their best. This is as good as the blue truck and better than my L ever did.:tu: With the exhaust and tune it should pick up near 18mpg regularly.

03LightningRocks
03-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Uh...How did you like paying 2.15 a gallon for the sh!t. I am about to bust a gasket over the price of fricking deisel fuel. I know I remember seeing it at like a buck fifty last summer when premiem was hitting 2.00.

All I can say is WTF kind of cruel joke is this? I buy a deisel, so the petrol companies can all get together and fock my ass???

Rant Off...glad to hear about your great milage Terry:rolleyes: .

L8 APEX
03-15-2005, 10:34 PM
If you'd let me work on that bus I could help you out:tu: . I have a new economy tune you could try out. I am picking up two 4" turbo back systems tomorrow I can get you one as well, let me know. Oh yeah, I got it for 2.08 last night.

SpeedyBolt
03-15-2005, 10:46 PM
I think that last year when gas jumped up real high alot of people went out and bought diesel powered cars, the government found out about it a raised the sh!t out of diesel!

Thats my theory!

03LightningRocks
03-16-2005, 12:03 AM
I think that last year when gas jumped up real high alot of people went out and bought diesel powered cars, the government found out about it a raised the sh!t out of diesel!

Thats my theory!

You may be right:hammer: :hammer: . The whole darned reason I went diesel instead of the V10 was seeing diesel .50-.65 cheaper last summer. I am hoping it will drop this summer again.

Yes Terry...we need to do something...but I have been spending too darn much money this winter. I am tapped da fock out...believe it or not. I need the summer heat to kick in and mess up some A/C units.

SpeedyBolt
03-16-2005, 12:11 AM
I have a '96 F350 that I use to pull the "swap meet trailer" with and fuel prices KILL me! I do good to get 6 mpg pulling that giagantic thing! Not to mention that it weighs more that a fricking house. Last year I weighed truck and trailer (loaded) combined was something like 28,000 lbs! :eek: I need a new truck!

03LightningRocks
03-16-2005, 12:15 AM
Cripes...6 mpg sux. I managed to get an average of 11.5 mpg on the trip to Florida a couple weeks ago. My trailer with the L on it weighs in around 7000 lbs. That is really not a heavy load on the F250 super duty.

SpeedyBolt
03-16-2005, 10:54 AM
Cripes...6 mpg sux.

Yeah, tell me about it! I'm going to be putting a Bullydog 3"downpipe and 4" catback system on it here pretty soon! It really sucked more thatn that before I put a K&N filter in it!

About how much are new F350 duallies going for now-a-days?

03LightningRocks
03-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Yeah, tell me about it! I'm going to be putting a Bullydog 3"downpipe and 4" catback system on it here pretty soon! It really sucked more thatn that before I put a K&N filter in it!

About how much are new F350 duallies going for now-a-days?

LOL...I might be afraid to ask. The after X-plan price on my F250 Lariat...Crew Cab...Long Bed...two wheel drive, was around 38K....F350 with dually wheels may hit the 45K mark. Sticker is just plain scary on the F250...43K. The four wheel option added like 2500 bucks.

SpeedyBolt
03-16-2005, 03:06 PM
LOL...I might be afraid to ask. The after X-plan price on my F250 Lariat...Crew Cab...Long Bed...two wheel drive, was around 38K....F350 with dually wheels may hit the 45K mark. Sticker is just plain scary on the F250...43K. The four wheel option added like 2500 bucks.

OUCH!!!!! I guess I'll just fix this truck of mine up! It's paid for!!!!