PDA

View Full Version : Need new street tires, any suggestions?

Krzcwby
04-08-2002, 01:03 AM
I need to replace my F1's, looking for input. What are you guys running? I'm looking for a resonably priced tire, just to get around on.

J.D. Blackwell
04-08-2002, 01:36 AM
There are a few TALON guys that are running the 295/45/18 Toyo Proxes S/T's and they said that they love them. You can find them on www.treadepot.com

Moonshine
04-08-2002, 10:21 AM
Toyo Proxes. I've got 24,000 on my first set of Proxes, and they've got almost 1/2 the tread still left. And they hook up just fine.:burnout:

Crawford
04-08-2002, 10:25 AM
We will see how well Moonshine's tires hold up when he is getting his a$$ kicked when we have our grudge match at the next shootout! :eek:

Moonshine
04-08-2002, 10:27 AM
Ass kickin', huh? Terry C., Terry H., somebody talk trash to this guy, willya. Ya'll are alot better at it than I am.:DD

Crawford
04-08-2002, 10:38 AM
Oh come on Brian. You have to play this game with me. Our best times are separated by .001 of a second. This is the grudge match of the year!! We have to hype this thing up! uh... PUNK!! ;)

Moonshine
04-08-2002, 10:42 AM
No argument that this is the grudge match of the year, and I don't think we could find a closer race, even if you do have more mods than I do. But I'm just no good at trash talkin'. Since my performance speaks for itself I just never developed the ability to trash talk.;)

Crawford
04-08-2002, 10:48 AM
Ah, well I think at the end of the day the difference in modifications will be evident when you are LOOSING TO ME!!!

But hey, at least we are out there on the track running down the 1/4 unlike some of our members who seem to have some kind of 'cold war' syndrome where they keep adding mods but are too afraid to show up at the strip... :nono:

Moonshine
04-08-2002, 10:53 AM
True. I must give you credit for showing up and taking the chance on losing. However, it looks like your mods are going backwards at the moment. The Hotchkiss is very sweet, but it'll make it harder for you to launch, so I figure you just gave me a tenth. :p

Crawford
04-08-2002, 10:54 AM
I know I have thought of that, I couldn't help it though I had to go with the kit. But hey, right now the front is higher than the rear so maybe that will give me some weight transfer and I will have gained a tenth eh??? ...nah... :D

MadMax
04-08-2002, 06:49 PM
crawford...you wanna race? :nono: looser buys the beer :eek:

i have some ****ty f1's to burn off.... :eek:

any activities friday/saturday...if it don't rain :mad:

Crawford
04-10-2002, 09:54 AM
I will race anybody! Dont think I will be buying any beer if I loose though :nono: You can buy the beer to console me if I loose how does that sound? :cool:

I dont think there are any racing events this weekend clubwise. The next think coming up is the Hallsville trip which is possibly going to be on the 20th?