PDA

View Full Version : Redline Raceway

Sixpipes
08-29-2002, 10:09 AM
http://www.redlineraceway.com/schedule.htm

I will probably be visiting on Friday, September 6th. Anybody want to go? I haven't been to the track since FFW/Houston in early May.

For you guys that haven't done this before, it will be a good opportunity to become familiar with the procedures before you go to FFW/Ennis. Go_rila won't be running a chip so.........show up and kick his a$$. :p

Mark #2
08-29-2002, 02:52 PM
How about tomorrow?

blueoval01
08-29-2002, 05:14 PM
Hummm, I might just head out there to watch.
Sixpipes, you gonna be there between 5 & 7 pm?

Sixpipes
08-29-2002, 08:33 PM
I might go tomorrow, but I won't be able to stay too late. I have a tee time at 8:45 Saturday morning. So who will meet Mark and I there tomorrow say about 6-6:30? :cool:

Mark #2
08-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Like Sixpipes said,
Who is going to meet us?

6er, want to meet at my house around 5:00-5:30 and go?
Mark

J.D. Blackwell
08-29-2002, 10:13 PM
If I am coming through there on my way back home around that time I will stop and hang out with you guys....if ya'll will let me of course.
I will have the Lightning with me.....well the engine anyways. Got to be at Bankston early in the morning so they can swap out my springs for me. They said it would take about 4 or 5 hours.
Got to get this SOB a going.
If I don't see you tomorrow I will catch ya another time.

FYI, You can call to see where I am at if anyone has a phone with them. 903-720-2979

Later,

Crawford
08-29-2002, 10:28 PM
Justin,
If you are going to be in town tomorrow with nothing to do give me a call and lets do lunch.

Mark #2
08-29-2002, 10:33 PM
J.D.,
We will allow you to hang with us.

You remind me of a guy I knew when he was just a little younger, everything to the max. Some others will probably attest to this factor, I can think of at least two others in the club that fit this profile. :)

Hope you can show up!
Mark

Crawford
08-29-2002, 10:55 PM
LOL! He doesnt drink beer to the max. I remember a guy wearing synchronized green flame clothing sleeping his ass off while the rest of us sent many many beers to their doom! :beer:

tliss
08-29-2002, 11:04 PM
I'm game for tomorrow! Shoot me an e-mail and give me a phone numbe where you can be reached. I'll stick around work and meet up with you guys and caravan out. I'll be down in Richardson anyway. Shoot me an e-mail (thomas.liss@att.net).

Tom

Silver_2000
08-29-2002, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by Crawford
LOL! He doesnt drink beer to the max. I remember a guy wearing synchronized green flame clothing sleeping his ass off while the rest of us sent many many beers to their doom! :beer:

Memories... Misty Water Color memories.... Of when Justin was awake......
http://www.talon.svtlightnings.com/ffwhouston/sat/P5040622_small.jpg

Sixpipes
08-29-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by HIHOAG

6er, want to meet at my house around 5:00-5:30 and go?
Mark

I'll try to be there by 5:30. :cool:

Crawford
08-30-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!

Memories... Misty Water Color memories.... Of when Justin was awake......
http://www.talon.svtlightnings.com/ffwhouston/sat/P5040622_small.jpg

If I could just take that picture and rotate it on its side and photoshop a bed under him it would almost be perfect!

tliss
08-30-2002, 03:28 PM
We've got a 4th. James (OneRedTXBolt) is coming as well.

Tom

Mark #2
08-30-2002, 03:33 PM
Sounds good. See you at the house. Remember Richardson, Holiday weekend, be careful on Spring Valley.

Mark

J.D. Blackwell
08-30-2002, 09:27 PM
Sorry I didn't make it guys. Was running all over Dallas all day. Got to Bankston at 10:00. Took 2 hours to meet Ben in Burleson.(got lost) Ate lunch and headed back to Bankston (took 1 hr. this time) and my motor was ready. Left there at 3:00 and got to Greenville at 4:00.(took hwy. 380) I didn't feel like waiting for a couple hours til ya'll guys got there, so I headed home. I really wanted to hang out with you guys though.
It has been a long day. Clocked off 430 miles on the odo. Wish I could have stayed. I felt like crap since I didn't get any sleep last night. The good thing is that I will get started on my truck Tues. I am expecting a couple problems along the way, but hopefully she will be running the week after next. I will be da*ned if I don't have her for Ennis.
Ben, it was nice meeting you today. For everyone that hasn't met been (everyone except for Mark Jackson), he is a cool guy to talk about trucks with. He has an '01 White Lightning and only has 5 mods on his truck and runs a hair slower than Mr. Hogg does. I am trying to get him to come to FFW Ennis. He is in some kind of major car club in the area.
Anyways I will catch you guys on the back side soon.

tliss
08-31-2002, 12:38 AM
Not a bad outing. Traction wasn't the best, but it was a good time. Had a little excitement as somebody on a motorcycle on the I-30 access road slammed into the side of an SUV and had to be flown out of there.

Here was the highlight of the evening: Sixpipes kicked this guy's a$$, or something:d

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-220-29248.jpg

This is the only picture we got. He is racing an ATV. It's amazing the kinda stuff that went down the track!

Tom

Ford Truck world is NOT [img] link friendly here is url click this
http://www.fordtruckworld.com/gallery/tliss/126983.jpg Doug

Sixpipes
08-31-2002, 04:18 PM
Had a fun time even though we didn't get as much track time as we would have liked. Go-Rila went 3-1 losing to tliss on the first run in street tires. Traction wasn't very good, but my driving was even worse.

Got the slicks on and cut a .565 light and ran 8.62. My second (and last ) run on slicks was 8.62 also. Pretty consistant for a stock computer program.

I think HIHOAG's best was a 8.56 with his new Hoosiers and Tom ran an 8.64 on F-1s! Pretty impressive. I know OneRedTXBolt had some sub-nine second runs also.

A few more pictures here.
http://www.svtlightnings.com/talon/dragracing.htm

Mark #2
08-31-2002, 07:45 PM
Best light 5.182
Best time 8.56

Ran the street program, never thought of running the race program because I had crappy Fina gas in the truck.
Slicks are cool, but the 1-2 shift is too hard, need a chip re-burn.

Had to "impress" a Dodge on the way home, just kids but they got a kick out of it. :)

tliss
08-31-2002, 09:19 PM
hmmm...gotta find somewhere to put pictures when I take them so that they can actually be visable here. f150world worked at one time...now things have gone screwy. Maybe I'll set up something on tripod.com or something!

Tom

OneRedTXBolt
09-04-2002, 09:33 AM
I did not like RedLine raceway. Couldn't get any traction on my F-1'sno matter what I did.

I can usually get 1.8x 60' times at Ennis (of all places) but couldn't do better than a 2.24 at this place. I did break the 9's once, but I stopped after 3 runs. Too slippery, and I couldn't drive around the water.

It was fun. There was all types of vehicles out there. Ang good tree practice.

Next stop, FFW! Hoping to beat my semi-final finish from last year :D