PDA

View Full Version : Are typical Gen 1s really selling for these prices?

WA 2 FST
01-18-2005, 09:48 PM
I see high mileage (125k or more) Gen 1s selling for 7.5-8.5k. Or at least those are the asking prices. Then I'll see one with 65k miles for 8.5-9k.

I would think something over 100k miles would be in the 6k range, and I'm really shocked that even the lower mileage ones are going for 9+k.

Just curious. I inherited my dad's S-10 truck. He no longer needs it, and it is a great beater (and I MEAN beater) truck. It is a '91 and has only 44k miles on it. However, from the outside it looks like it has 144k. This thing is as spartan as you can get. It has A/C and power brakes and that's IT. Yeah... no radio, no PS, no PW, no power locks...not that you need that in a 2-door vehicle really. It needs paint bad, new tires (and wheels, IMO), new shocks, probably new brakes shortly. Thing is, I know I could easily put $2-3k in this thing and it is probably only worth $1k...and it would still be something my wife could never drive (no PS and its a 5-speed stick) and it still has the pathetic 92hp 2.5L 4-banger motor (not that I need to drag race if I'm hauling some tenant's crap to the dump).

I certainly do not need 2 Lightning trucks. But I'm having a hard time spending diddly-squat on this S-10, and at the same time, I'm having a hard time driving it "as is." Now that I have it, I am not driving the '04 L in the rain...at least not if I just gave it a thorough washing. :) So the little Chevy is serving a purpose.

99WhiteBeast
01-18-2005, 10:01 PM
Those prices are about par. A paid $8900 for well kept 2 owner 95 with 83K on it. I had to travel out of state to get mine.

There are a few out there in the 4K to 5K range but they will need some work.

Some have been seriously molested while others are 1 owner creme puffs.

I looked for about 2 months and went through about 20 to find the one that was right for me. As soon as I saw this guys garage ( 2 Saleens, 1 Cobra, Viper, RR Setup stang and DR setup stang) I knew it was a well kept tow pig.

L8 APEX
01-18-2005, 11:56 PM
I paid $7500 for my one owner 95K mile straight 94 white all options. There were a lot of 3rd owner black 93-94's for 6500. Red ones are half price on every other corner:D . I saw a 65K mile white 94 for 12K, over 100K miles they are under 7K, under 100K or one owner they are over 7K.

Sixpipes
01-19-2005, 08:57 AM
I just bought my 1-owner black 95 for $6,500 with 96,000 miles. It is pretty much stock and I feel that I probably got it for a little below the current market. I had to let Popeye (Red 93) go to get it though. I paid $6,500 for it last year and it is basically stock as well. Prices are all over the map. There are a couple of really nice white 94s on NLOC right now, but they are a little above market. Doesn't seem that mods add much value to the trucks when selling. :cool:

Ivanhoe_Farms
01-19-2005, 09:45 AM
Terry,

Gen 1 Ls in RED for $3500, mark them I will buy them , after all RED is the fastest color:nana2 :nana2 :nana2