PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Long Block

Pitch Black
01-13-2005, 04:18 PM
For sale: 2002 long block. Less than 20,000 miles when removed. Does not include oil pan or timing cover.

$2,150.00

Located in Spring, Texas

98Cobra
01-13-2005, 05:18 PM
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/banned.gif

my2002lightning
01-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Doug, we need a mop and bucket on aisle #2! http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Greg,

Welcome to TALON, but one of the ground-rules here it seems is not to use TALON simply as a place to sell parts, but rather to share information/experiences/etc. and participate for the "betterment" of the TALON community.

Good to see another '02 L out there and good luck!

Ronald

Truancy
01-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Damn, y'all are some pricks over here. Greg and I have been lurkers on this forum for a long time. We have even gone to many events y'all have held. If this is the kind of treatment new members are getting, you can take this website and shove it up your ass you fricking ball sucking bastards.

00Bolt
01-13-2005, 07:45 PM
you guys have been lurkers for sooo long, yet it says both of your join dates was Jan 2005

Sixpipes
01-13-2005, 07:47 PM
"fricking ball sucking bastards" ..............

That's a good one. :evil

BigBobsL
01-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Realize your classified rules are a bit more stringent than over on HALO board, but you guys were pretty hard on my friend Pitch Black. Susprised to see you go so rough on one of us HALO guys . We do not let non-members post non-L stuff on our board, but do let them post things we might want, selfish that way :D

Anyway, it's an excellent, very low mile motor that was pulled because he wanted to go faster with a built motor, not because it was hurt.

98Cobra
01-13-2005, 09:02 PM
Didn't we go through this already with someone from down there? http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

Its not that we mind if a HALO member posts something, but where does it say anywhere in his ad that he is a HALO member?

To us, some dude we don't know, shows up and contributing nothing posts something for sale on our board when it very clearly says the rules up front. Most new members actually try to participate.

I guess that's too hard for some people to grasp. I'm looking in your direction, Truancy.

Signed,
One of the Resident Pricks

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/bs-smilie.gif

Sixpipes
01-13-2005, 09:07 PM
Realize your classified rules are a bit more stringent than over on HALO board, but you guys were pretty hard on my friend Pitch Black. Susprised to see you go so rough on one of us HALO guys.

Bob

Ronald does not speak on behalf of the forum, but TALON members are different from most Halo members in one big way............most of us have a sense of humor. And we don't resort to calling fellow Lightning owners "fricking ball sucking bastards". I don't think this is a Halo/TALON issue, but rather one of following the guidelines that are explicit described in the For Sale section.

I'm sure Doug would not take issue with Pitch Black's post if he asked permission to list the item. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, but the other guy's response kind of killed any interest I might have. You're still a good guy though. :D

bobbywade69
01-13-2005, 09:56 PM
You forgot "Old,Fat and Bald" :evil And Also Overpriced Fag!!!

Sorry for the nasty invites fellas, but what I think are wise members are trying to say is this For Sale section has been used like the Village Bike "Everyone has had a ride" Just that we have alot of people just pop in take what the need and leave without saying Hello Girls or even paying!

But Welcome Fellas to TALON hope to hear from ya soon!!:tu:

00Bolt
01-13-2005, 10:07 PM
i think it was fat and bald

bobbywade69
01-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Shut up who asked you!!!!:D :evil

i think it was fat and bald

BigBobsL
01-13-2005, 10:14 PM
Bob

Ronald does not speak on behalf of the forum, but TALON members are different from most Halo members in one big way............most of us have a sense of humor. And we don't resort to calling fellow Lightning owners "fricking ball sucking bastards". I don't think this is a Halo/TALON issue, but rather one of following the guidelines that are explicit described in the For Sale section.

I'm sure Doug would not take issue with Pitch Black's post if he asked permission to list the item. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me, but the other guy's response kind of killed any interest I might have. You're still a good guy though. :D

Glad to know I am still a good guy and assure you so is Gregg. I have not spoke with Gregg, but "presume" the problem was one of not sensing the humor and/or thinking he had really been "banned" for the post. Guess more joint activities are in order so we all know each other better. We still need to find a site mid-way between us where we can get better turn out.

So next time I or another HALO member want to offer something for sale something over here, should we just post a reference to our ad on the HALO board as proof of kinship? I admit that I am lazy and seldom/never read instructions :d

98Cobra
01-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I think that's actually a really good idea.

PoorSvtman
01-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Shut up who asked you!!!!:D :evil

:evil

Pitch Black
01-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Well sorry for the misunderstanding guys. My bad for not following the correct procedure. Just thought someone might need a motor to rebuild.

As BigBob stated here is an address at the HALO site.

http://www.haloclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11132

I'll try not to be a stranger.

Doug, if you need to delete this post I understand.

Greg Liggin
HALO #75

03LightningRocks
01-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Ya'll have to excuse us over here. We are just a bunch of rude, arrogant, suns of bitches.

At one time there where even rumors of a fag somewhere in the lot. He straightened Scott out on that one though....:rll: .

Seriously, we have had troubles with scammers and others registering simply to throw some bait in our for sale section. The rules on posting for sale items may seem a bit hard ass on the surface, but they actually help to keep some of our dumber members(like Scott), from getting ripped off.

I would tell the other fellers over there that they may want to let us know they are from Halo when selling something.....the reception might be friendlier.

I am sure nobody here was intentionally trying to be offensive. That is usually left up to me. I can be offensive with out even breaking a sweat...LOL. It really is comparable to how most folks react when some darned door to door salesman show's up selling meat.

Just let us know who the hell you are:beer: .

See you awnry cusses at the FFW Houston...I hope y'all are still going to be friendly...

Rocks:beer:

sonicbluetommy
01-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Ya'll have to excuse us over here. We are just a bunch of rude, arrogant, suns of bitches.

At one time there where even rumors of a fag somewhere in the lot. He straightened Scott out on that one though....:rll: .

Seriously, we have had troubles with scammers and others registering simply to throw some bait in our for sale section. The rules on posting for sale items may seem a bit hard ass on the surface, but they actually help to keep some of our dumber members(like Scott), from getting ripped off.

I would tell the other fellers over there that they may want to let us know they are from Halo when selling something.....the reception might be friendlier.

I am sure nobody here was intentionally trying to be offensive. That is usually left up to me. I can be offensive with out even breaking a sweat...LOL. It really is comparable to how most folks react when some darned door to door salesman show's up selling meat.

Just let us know who the hell you are:beer: .

See you awnry cusses at the FFW Houston...I hope y'all are still going to be friendly...

Rocks:beer:

Man Rocks you are good! :bows In one post you managed to:
1)put down 2 "fag" "dumber" Talon members specifically :throw:
2)put down every "rude, arrogant, suns of bitch" Talon member :throw:
and
3)put down the "awnry cusses" Halo members :throw:

You have one special talent there buddy! :tu:

Hope i never end up on the wrong end of that "talent" when you are really mad and not just poking a little fun.

03LightningRocks
01-14-2005, 04:46 PM
I took a shot at door to door salesmen too.........:D .

Quit trying to short change me....:evil

Silver_2000
01-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Wow - How did I miss this thread ....
LOL
As was stated to clearly before - I personally detest it when someone comes on here with the SOLE intent of marketing their goods. They dont want to participate just sell some stuff - often at inflated prices. So I decided on the rules that are posted. Since MANY of the members here contribute time, energy and in many cases $$ to the site - Its not fair for just anyone to come on here and take advantage of the relativly wide ranging exposure we offer.

We have worked hard to develop one of the most visited Local boards on the net and we are careful to keep people from taking advantage.

We reserve the right to make exceptions where appropriate ...

Doug

PS - if you were banned you would know it.

wesman
01-20-2005, 12:18 AM
Doug

PS - if you were banned you would know it.

And you wouldn't be reading this http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/flthrow.gif

--wes

Silver_2000
01-20-2005, 09:15 AM
And you wouldn't be reading this http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/flthrow.gif

--wes

No he could read it but clicking reply would have been tougher.... :hammer:

I thought their rant on the Halo board about how jealous we are was a nice touch. :hammer:

I added an announcement to the top of this section that explains what I am trying to do

Should make things clearer for those that read it

98Cobra
01-20-2005, 09:57 AM
LOL. I just read the thread. I'm a jackass. Like I needed someone from the HALO club to point that out? http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/statiictongue.gif

Someone needs to tell them their homepage is whacked - when I click Message Forums, I get this:
Not Found

The requested URL /..\forums\index.php was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at haloclub.com Port 16080

Silver_2000
01-20-2005, 10:35 AM
LOL. I just read the thread. I'm a jackass. Like I needed someone from the HALO club to point that out? http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/statiictongue.gif

Someone needs to tell them their homepage is whacked - when I click Message Forums, I get this:
Not Found

The requested URL /..\forums\index.php was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.33 Server at haloclub.com Port 16080

The forums link works for me ... let the page finish loading

The home page autoloads a sound file - Thats great for people that might want to look at it while on lunch at work - how to announce to the world that you are wasting time....

98Cobra
01-20-2005, 11:20 AM
I figured out the "problem" - I'm using Firefox, not IE. Works in IE. As a bonus, the embedded sound file doesnt play in Firefox, so I hadnt noticed it either. that's awesome!

Now to order me some "apperal", whatever that is. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

Note to HALO - I hope you know we are just messing with you!

ThunderBolt
01-21-2005, 02:48 AM
Note to HALO - I hope you know we are just messing with you!
Garett, you guys are brutal.

Pitch Black
01-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Never would have imagined that my inabilty to follow directions would lead to this. I'll have to do it more often to keep us talking. :evil